mcarterbrown.com  

Tournaments Upcoming Tournament Events and Paintball League Chat

Old 04-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

I agree with Full of Paint...strait up capture the flag in the woods.

Tried that Milsim league stuff and it was WAY too complicated to track with Medics, demo guys,bandages etc.

Alex @ AG has got it right with 3-man ( easier to put 3 together and quick turn around) He is willing to put this on so the least we can do is support his efforts. We play in the village for the first touney and IF we get a few teams to play we get to use a woods field for the next.

By the way.....if Gravity League tourneys where in the woods..... I would be there in a NY minute.
Dozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Here you go:

Ludlow MA 3 Man Open Class Pump
Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
Damn I didn't see that. Wish I had. I would've made better plans.

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

yea but that's just like gravity league, pump tourney.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlane77 View Post
Damn I didn't see that. Wish I had. I would've made better plans.
Airsports had this tourney on their schedule last year, too, and we planned on it, but then it got cancelled. So when it showed up on the schedule this year, we decided to skip it so we wouldn't go through the same thing. Now it's happening and we have other commitments. Bummer...
Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
yea but that's just like gravity league, pump tourney.
Except it's woods and not limited paint, so not like gravity league at all other than it being pump.

No one said it had to be semi, can't please everyone.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

True, but as I understand it it's not REALLY woodsball, they're only running the games in speedball alley, so closer to speedball without airball bunkers.

We played at Airsports back when they used to run real woods tourneys, but I think they've canceled them every time they've scheduled them for the past few years.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

The reason you don't see much in the way of woodsball tournaments is that if you want to keep your tournaments cheap, well officiated and with decent playing time, airball just makes more sense. If you play in the woods, you need more space (otherwise its basically speedball with trees). More space means more refs, as if you are really in the woods your sight lines are limited. More refs cost money. Larger fields mean more turn around time, particularly if they're a hike from the staging area. You also need your fields to be balanced so no side has an advantage. There just aren't enough guys willing to pay more for less playtime to do a woods tourney. Honestly, if you haven't tried a laid back event like the gravity league games I'd give it a whirl. I am a woods guy (and most certainly not a touney player) and had a blast playing that format even though I really don't like airball. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12439

My other passion: http://www.cameroncanine.com
Dave Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #29 (permalink)

Originally Posted by MB007
Words cannot describe how proud I am to be a member of this team..Most of us have not played together since winning the World Cup in 1994..We fielded 6 guys in their mid to late 50's some of which have not played Paintball in over 10 years,without a single practice. some guys didn't even have any current equipment, never playing with or against electro Markers and we won.How can this happen?I will tell you ...It's Woodsball,there is a totally different skill set that does not allow age or size to become a factor in the outcome... It is all about working together,moving from side to side and not just forward,rotating players on the field while in play,communication and experience..Speedball players need to take a good look at events like this and experience this style of play and stop hating on it!!!!! One thing we all have in common is we are competitors,we love the rush of playing paintball and we want to play as long as we can..So support the UWL and Woodsball events anytime you can because without this style of play where are you guys going to compete after Speedball?

Couldn't say it any better...This was a reply on PBN from the Master Blasters after winning the PRO division at a UWL tourney in Maryland.

I don't want to start the WB vs Speedball thing but he makes some good points. In woodsball Tourneys....your equipment can be old and the player older. ANYBODY can still compete AND win.
Dozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

ugh, I so wanted to go to that...hopefully we'll make the Pennsylvania one.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Tournaments