-   Tournaments (
-   -   Gravity League rules (

Fluff 05-27-2009 12:24 AM

Gravity League rules
Here they are. Sorry about the delays, but we wanted to make sure they were shipshape and squared away before posting them. Any questions either PM me or just throw them up here

Freak36 05-27-2009 03:59 AM

Definitely helps explain a lot, thanks!

Only thing that I noticed its missing is the info on how many prelim games are you guaranteed to play. How many teams advance to the semi-finals/playoffs and how does the semi-finals/playoffs work?

Example: if 12 teams participate, you are guaranteed 6 prelim games. You take the top 4 to the semi-finals. Semi finals reset score to 0, you play each team once, the top 2 teams go on to play a finals match for 1st/2nd and the bottom two go on to play for 3rd/4th.

Greenmtnphantom 05-27-2009 08:51 AM

Not really into Tournaments but just curious would something like Ammochicks pump omen be allowed at the discression of the Producer and head ref? Or would she have to get a mechanical frame for it?

One barrel per game? So you decided against double barrel guns?

splattttttt 05-27-2009 09:17 AM

Barrel tags don't count, or did I miss that? Seems to me they be worth more than a paint blotch.
Other wise, great job on the article. Seemes to cover just about all, minus built into frame safety adapters. Didn't notice that either.

Painthappy 05-27-2009 09:29 AM

The rules are just a start, and a mix of NPPL, OSC, and some of our own stuff, and we'll add to it as stuff arises. So just ask questions and tell us what should / should not be in there.

Barrel tags. That's a tough one. On one side, they should be in there and count the same as a hit. I mean, limited paint, you just might run out.

On the OTHER hand, you don't want to have people getting that close and whacking someone. There's no barrel tag rules in the NPPL, but mostly because it never gets to that point.

Keep forwarding the questions....

Painthappy 05-27-2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom (Post 837463)
One barrel per game? So you decided against double barrel guns?

Well, no. The idea behind the barrel is so that no one changes the barrel in the middle of the game.

If you chrono with a LONG barrel and then put on a short barrel, your FPS will be higher.

Double barrel, can be allowed, but why would you? It's limited paint and if you're firing two for every shot, you'll be out of paint real fast with no advantage. Remember this is a limited paint competition. More emphasis on the player and not the gun.

Greenmtnphantom 05-27-2009 09:35 AM

After switching my viking from the 12 inch to the 4 inch barrel I understand the barrel length issue, and I understand that a double barrel gun would 1/2 the number of shots you can take, but I wouldn't put it past someone to do it just for giggles.

Schmitti 05-27-2009 09:39 AM

Very Cool!

Any problem with branching/sharing this with my local fields?

Painthappy 05-27-2009 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Schmitti (Post 837494)
Very Cool!

Any problem with branching/sharing this with my local fields?

Nope.. We're looking for some other fields now to do this at in the area. We have a lot of people in the North East that want to play pump tournaments.

We have some fields we working with now, but always looking to add a few more places.

Schmitti 05-27-2009 09:56 AM

They held a pump tourney here last fall and had some MCB guys drive in from CT and enough local players to possibly make it worth while to have something like this here.

I'll throw it at the field owners and see what they say... unless you wanted to in which case I can toss you their contact info.