mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Tournaments (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tournaments/)
-   -   Mil-Sim Scenario Leagues & Restriction on Trigger Rates (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/tournaments/96732-mil-sim-scenario-leagues-restriction-trigger-rates.html)

milsimfan 10-25-2009 08:52 PM

Mil-Sim Scenario Leagues & Restriction on Trigger Rates

I am taking a survey on whether or not should there be a ‘trigger rate’ restriction in a ‘True’ Mil-Sim Scenario Paintball League? (The SPPL, UWL and WTL all have a rule regarding who can and who cannot carry markers that are fully automatic some even have a restriction on the hoppers). Place your vote and voice your opinion.

I SAY NO! There should NOT be any rules regulating the trigger speed in a Mil-Sim Scenario Paintball League (other than the rules & regulation that governs the fields). Warfare is not fair! Therefore, if we are trying to accomplish a 'true' war scenario feeling, then we should not be restricted. I think the reason the leagues mentioned above are because they are more like speedballers in the woods.

The reason I feel that trigger rate regulations are needed is because the current scenario leagues still have the speedballer’s mentality with strategically placed bunkers and they don’t allow enough time to create strategic warfare. I am sure, trigger speed would not make a difference if you were to be put in an untamed paintball field with its natural covers and more than 15 min of play.

I guess we will have to wait until a ‘TRUE’ Scenario Paintball League starts.

Harbinger[TG] 10-25-2009 09:01 PM

Trigger speed always plays a factor just as overall BPS plays a factor. Why shoot 10 when you can shoot 18? There will always be people willing to shoot as fast as allowed.

Would you think it is fair if I brought my gun in with unlimited ramp at about 25 BPS?

And there is no such thing as a scenario league... Get with the program. If you want a "tactical" league, cool.

Scenario has nothing to do with leagues or team vs team competition.

Many have tried to use the word scenario in a tactical type league, it just doesn't work.

So do all of the real scenario players a favor and do not use the word scenario.

Why do you think the leagues have a speedball mentality??? Because they have nothing to do with scenario paintball.

And lastly, lets not forget about the safety issues of no trigger control.

You might as well join these idiots:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...-epic-lol.html

Nevit 10-25-2009 10:04 PM

I say if you want to blast 300 rounds in 10 seconds trying to get one guy out, more power to ya! I'll just be there to barrel tag you when you run out of paint.

seal 10-25-2009 10:21 PM

there is a safety issue and a sportsmanship issue in it for me i think a cap of 10-15 rps is plenty. 10 is fine for me

bgearing 10-25-2009 10:27 PM

There's also the issue of how you're going to insure that.

sloonan 10-25-2009 11:08 PM

This thread is being moved into the correct section because SPPL and other paintball leagues are tournaments, not scenarios.

philosophia 10-25-2009 11:22 PM

I got shot about 8 times in the back from 2 feet away in the shoulder on September 26th during a "scenario" from a shoelace keeper. Still got some of the bruises too. Thank the gods they only come occasionally.

Which means yes, do limit the fire rate because I would hate that even more if that was more paint.

ogre45 10-30-2009 03:26 PM

well I don't mind BPS limits. I wouldn't care for people to shoot 25+ BPS at me in any format especialy when in tactical/speedball games where bunkering is part of the game. Lets face this, 4 years ago a guy shoot me at 3 to 5 feet and he even admited to shooting no less than 320FPS. I have all THREE scars from his shoots on my back still.

Now imagine him shooting at 320+ in my face. Yea what a way to ruin the fun, even if he shoot for a 1/2 a second I would have 12.5+ balls on my back which would be 12.5+ scars on my back.

People can say all they want about having a ref crono a marker but someone somewhere would adjust it and not get crono-ed and I would bleed a long time.

Plus I know I have shoot my A5 in games at full auto and that is one of the reasons I never do no. I want myself and my friends to have fun. Tourny time, still us semi. But that is me.

Granted I still play against people who use whatever the max is and NOW I carry a crono so if I am in doubt I can check them myself ASAP and if it is hot I will know for certain who not to play agains.

Shiba-Kun 10-30-2009 03:38 PM

If warefare isn't fair, then I want to start up on bodies and pre-positioned on the field before my opponents get to leave their starting zone.:p

While warefare might not be fair, I think most particpants still want some type of level playing field if it's a competition. If it's a scenario then that's a different story.

Just out of curiosity... what would your criteria for a "'TRUE' Scenario Paintball League" be? :confused:

Greenmtnphantom 10-30-2009 03:40 PM

Paint limits eliminate the need for BPS limits IMHO. If you aren't going to limit paint you should limit BPS