mcarterbrown.com  

Tribals Tribal fan? Then this is the forum for you!

Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
That thing still using the stock AOC? Might also be grossly overpressurized. Also, one thing to try is to loosen the grip frame, power it up and push the red button on the noid to see if it cycles the solenoid.

Oh... not sure if the noid from that junk bushie is compatible? It's the older bushies (pre 2003?) so not sure if it's the same model. Gasket looks about the same though.
Yeah, the solenoid has an over-pressure relief, your AOC/LPR might be outputting too high.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
It's not clicking regardless of pressure or not; should that indicate if it's functioning?

How do I determine if the LPR is overpressurizing? I haven't opened that up.

Sorry for the n00b questions... my sole experience with electros is Rainmakers, and that's a whole different can of worms.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Well that could be a lot of things... trigger switch, board, wiring...etc. Try the manual actuation of the noid (the little button on it) to see if it does anything. Next thing I would do is check the switch / board. Shouldn't be too hard if you have a volt meter and can probe the wires going into the noid. See if current is going to it when you pull the trigger.

Actually I might split the noid wires then check as above... if that checks OK try power directly to the noid via a quick tap to a battery directly. (can't remember the voltage but I think they're marked).

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Thick

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Ok no noid clicky when I push the little button on it. I don't have anything with which to test the wiring, so I'll try throwing in the Bushy noid when it arrives and go from there.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Let us know how it works out. I am relatively new to Tribals but I have been reading over them a lot lately, I might know how to point you in the right direction.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Thick

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Although I haven't really gotten anywhere with it as of yet, just wanted to say THANKS for all the help from everybody.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Was it pressurized when you pushed the button? All the button does is bypass the electronics and force it to cycle manually.

Since you're planning on replacing the noid anyway, you could cut the wires now and see if the noid will cycle via use of a battery. I suspect you have more issues / than just the noid (with the gun I mean )

Quote:
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Thick

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Was it pressurized when you pushed the button? All the button does is bypass the electronics and force it to cycle manually.

Since you're planning on replacing the noid anyway, you could cut the wires now and see if the noid will cycle via use of a battery. I suspect you have more issues / than just the noid (with the gun I mean )
It was not. Does it need to be?

I can just directly connect it to a battery without frying anything? I was hesitant to do so.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
tribal monger

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
It shouldnt ..... I test my guns disassembled. My tester I can set my hpr ,lpr, as well as the noid, with the trigger frame. I can see the recharge of my regs as well as the noid when firing.
TOG feedback
Ebay feedback
Gun collection 54 not 1 newer than 2004.....Don't buy into the hype, faster and newer isn't always better.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
It was not. Does it need to be?

I can just directly connect it to a battery without frying anything? I was hesitant to do so.
If you're using the button on the solenoid you'd need gas pressure. About the only thing it will do is manually release / cycle the noid (and probably the gun). If I remember correctly this does move the spool in the noid so would give you some indication if the spool is stuck or not. Usually though if it's a problem with the spool you'll still hear some sort of click when you have it powered up and pull the trigger.

For the testing of the noid itself, they should be 5v. I'd probably take a battery pack with 3 AA batteries and hook up the - side to one of the noid wires. Then just tap the + side together like you're pulling the trigger.

More importantly I think you'd be smart to test the circuit leading up to the noid. If you have the noid wires loose, just hook up a volt meter to the wire ends coming off of the board and see if you get anything coming through when you pull the trigger. If you don't have a volt meter, they're not expensive. You can get a cheap Harbor Freight digital one for like $5-$10 and they quite frequently give them away via coupons. An alternative would be to hook a 5v LED to the wires and see if it lights up when you pull the trigger.

I'd definitely make friends with shifty as well He knows way more about these guns than I do.

Quote:
ooops

Last edited by MaD; 03-12-2013 at 05:32 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tribals