mcarterbrown.com  

Videos The posting, making, and producing of videos

Old 06-03-2016, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

MagFed Paintball ► Don't Go Prone

Every paintball player has their reasoning for doing or not doing certain things in games. One of my biggies is to not go prone. Why, you ask? Well sit back and relax and find out the answer right here!

We've just passed 5K subs on YouTube! The #Roadto10K is now underway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5lDamD2keM

Follow me onTwitter https://www.instagram.com/nightmare_pb/

Follow me onTwitter www.twitter.com/NightmarePB

Like me on Facebook www.facebook.com/NightmarePB
Nightmare PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Titles video "Never go prone"

Goes prone, gets an elimination

Comes out of prone, gets shot out.

Shouldn't the title therefore be "Never Kneel"?

Saying never to any position is silly. The size of the cover and the current situation dictate what you need to do to be effective. Does laying down make you less maneuverable? Sure, but humans have a tendency to overlook anything below knee level or above eye level. I've gotten many of my best eliminations and made more forward progress against opposition while prone than charging in guns blazing.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I am old and NEVER go prone unless I am under a tank...I have a Havoc, now, so I don't EVER do prone...
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

LOL, I specifically set up my load out so I can go prone or lay on my back without rolling all over my spare mags and gear. like PistolRogue said size of cover might call for a variety of positions especially in woods ball where you might not have anything more than an open field of tall grass where the only way to advance and keep covered is to go prone and drag your bird through the dirt. I also like to go prone if I know someone is about to charge through a room or whatever area I'm occupying cuz I know they probably wont be looking down and will probably shoot at anyone standing before they notice me.

The cover you were behind when you were shot out could have been worked with a prone on your back position rolling back and forth from left to right side of the bunker so your not always poking out the same spot, I like to do a sit up/side crunchy twist thing for snap shooting out the side or top of low covers like that one. lying on your back with your feet toward the target is a pretty good method and doing the sit up things helps pop in and out of cover way faster than being on your chest using your off hand to lift your weight. also with your feet toward them it can confuse them, at my local field we often play with the owner, one time I was laying in tall grass and he judged from my body position that I was on his team so I waited as he worked toward me then did a quick sit up to pop out the grass and hit him leaving him totally surprised, your also less likely to get hit in the dome when you face them this way just keep your chin to your chest so paint cant come up under your mask and wear PB pants that protect your junk so you don't get shot in your bird.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Titles video "Never go prone"

Goes prone, gets an elimination

Comes out of prone, gets shot out.

Shouldn't the title therefore be "Never Kneel"?

Saying never to any position is silly. The size of the cover and the current situation dictate what you need to do to be effective. Does laying down make you less maneuverable? Sure, but humans have a tendency to overlook anything below knee level or above eye level. I've gotten many of my best eliminations and made more forward progress against opposition while prone than charging in guns blazing.
Playing paintball correctly means being able to work your bunker. Working a bunker requires the ability to move and shoot from a variety of positions.

feedback

http://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Videos