mcarterbrown.com  

VintageRex.com Vintagerex is Paintball's Premiere Paintball Museum. Help us make it better by posting missing images, info, etc.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

My Vintage Collection Pic Heavy

So i just thought i would show off some of my vintage paintball collection and see what you guys think.

First off is my jewel of the collection, it is 1 of 50 nelspots framed and it has an autographed patent drawing by james hale the inventor of the nelspot. it is in super mint condition and it has two plaques on both sides of the marker giving the history of paintball and other such things. i first saw this at PTI and it was given out to all the top paintball companys and people back in the day.

Next is the original nelspot paintballs, i have them in red, yellow and blue and some tubes contain unbroken paintballs.

Now on to my mint splatmaster, never fired still all the original tags and paper work. Also I have original splatballs, unbroken

I am waiting to get a hold of the original holster and co2 holder but i have two ammo pouches and an original patch

I also have the first two books written about paintball.

well i hope you all enjoy the pics, sorry they are not top quality pics i am sick right now and i wanted something to do and i thought showing you guys this stuff might be cool. let me know what you think please and if any one would like better pics of something please let me know
zelly_zelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

This is some pretty amazing stuff. Hardly ever do you see a mint condtion nelspot, and this one isn't like any other in a limited edition 1/50 with James Hale's autograph. I love how everything shown has classic 80's italicized lettering. Very nice collection.
TrueTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

yah the pictures dont do it justice, the sctraches and smudges are on the glass not on the gun or plaque, i should give it a wipe down.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
------------

CCM Fan
Wow. that is pretty spectacular. such a complete collection of stuff. Awesome.

-SW
boltaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've always had a small problem with these since they were produced.
The plaque states that the gun is "one of fifty originals found and preserved in this way". But, look at the patent drawing, it shows a Nelspot, but the gun in the display is a "007" version of the Nelspot which has all the upgrades which were done post-1983, the barrel bushing, and the magazine cross-bolt. The Nelspot was modified in this way for the NSG/paintball market, but remained the standard for the Forestry/Agriculture industry too.
Technically, it's not the same as the markers used in the first game of paintball. I don't recall who put these things together, but I do remember that it was around 1992, they were expensive, and many were handed out to long-time industry leaders, the rest were sold off to those who could afford it.
It's a nice presentation regardless, and would be a fine centerpiece to any collection, even if they're only 95% accurate.
You have a great collection there.
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks for that info. I did not know that stuff about the piece. That's why I posted it to learn more about what I have and the value. Thanks again

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » VintageRex.com