mcarterbrown.com  

VintageRex.com Vintagerex is Paintball's Premiere Paintball Museum. Help us make it better by posting missing images, info, etc.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #41 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

5700 Bleed To Fill 1" diameter, 10" overall length. 1 oz bulk tank with bleed. Use this tank for a backup on you paint ball gun or with an adapter, a bulk fill on your air gun.

doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
Interesting happening for me, I met chauncy's machinist at the last Gravity League event. Interesting guy. Unfortunately he had to leave early. He was thrilled that I recognized his nasty pump handle on his sniper.

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #43 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Interesting happening for me, I met chauncy's machinist at the last Gravity League event. Interesting guy. Unfortunately he had to leave early. He was thrilled that I recognized his nasty pump handle on his sniper.
Track this man down! He could make a killing on here.

--- MCB FEEDBACK ---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ranger steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

I think I have a basic on/off in the bottom of one of my bags. Will look tonight and post a pic if I find it.

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger steve View Post
How do the Undershot Better Bolts retain the cocking rod if they lack the little thumb screw? I've been wondering this after seeing some of the pictures on here.
I had one on my old sterling and it held in just fine.

At one point I had those better bolts in everything I owned back in the early 90s. They did work as advertised.... when you had undersized paint, and a fairly short barrel.

But times were different back then. Paint was all much larger, and CooperT expected you to have your barrel overbored in order to use it! Today is a different story. Paint has got much smaller, and finding overbored barrels is trivial. I'm surprised I don't see knockoffs everywhere? apart from the occational "undertow" and "sweep bolt".

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #46 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger steve View Post
Track this man down! He could make a killing on here.
Agreed 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Always. This is like an old folks home
My Feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html My link sucks. This is why I operate a CNC machine instead of program one.
Wildgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #47 (permalink)

First off let me say thank you to all of the people here who are keeping Chaunceys memory alive. My name is Kevin Kumpf and I was a longtime friend of Chauncey and one of the early players on Lightning Force. He was such a close friend that I was asked to say his eulogy. When I look at the photos on this page, I can remember the moments where the idea was launched, developed or produced. The IMP kits for Sheridans were a concept that he and I worked on for a long time together. Many do not know that IMP spelled backwards is PMI .... the very company that he had love a hate relationship with. I remember the first day we were testing out his new bolt - the anti blowback bolt that started it all.... we took it to Tonawanda Splatshot and showed it to some people. One person did not believe us ... he literally took a broom handle stuffed it in the barrel and proceeded to push the gun against a cabinet trying to force the bolt open. It did not budge and the legend was born. What is funny is that I look at some of these photos and personally know these weapons and components. Sitting up at 2 in the morning cutting springs to make ball dents. Working all night to get a new product ready for the field the next day. Chauncey was a wonderful man, but he definitely was a rebel and hell raiser in his day. Sadly he wound up getting an abscess in his tooth one day and like tough old Chauncey never went to the doctors. He wound up becoming somewhat paralyzed by the incident and hence into the home where he sadly passed. He was tough as nails though... I still remember the day he was working on the backhoe and it fell onto him pinning him underneath it. Everyone that showed up on the scene was amazed he did not pass away like an ordinary man would of the injuries. Chauncey was one of my best friends in the world and I still miss him even after half a decade since his passing. I hope this helps you all a little better to understand the man and where Cooper T came from (the name Cooper T was actually a combination of his early partner Paul Cooper and the T from Toombs - both of whom I knew very well).
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #48 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
First off let me say thank you to all of the people here who are keeping Chaunceys memory alive. My name is Kevin Kumpf and I was a longtime friend of Chauncey and one of the early players on Lightning Force. He was such a close friend that I was asked to say his eulogy. When I look at the photos on this page, I can remember the moments where the idea was launched, developed or produced. The IMP kits for Sheridans were a concept that he and I worked on for a long time together. Many do not know that IMP spelled backwards is PMI .... the very company that he had love a hate relationship with. I remember the first day we were testing out his new bolt - the anti blowback bolt that started it all.... we took it to Tonawanda Splatshot and showed it to some people. One person did not believe us ... he literally took a broom handle stuffed it in the barrel and proceeded to push the gun against a cabinet trying to force the bolt open. It did not budge and the legend was born. What is funny is that I look at some of these photos and personally know these weapons and components. Sitting up at 2 in the morning cutting springs to make ball dents. Working all night to get a new product ready for the field the next day. Chauncey was a wonderful man, but he definitely was a rebel and hell raiser in his day. Sadly he wound up getting an abscess in his tooth one day and like tough old Chauncey never went to the doctors. He wound up becoming somewhat paralyzed by the incident and hence into the home where he sadly passed. He was tough as nails though... I still remember the day he was working on the backhoe and it fell onto him pinning him underneath it. Everyone that showed up on the scene was amazed he did not pass away like an ordinary man would of the injuries. Chauncey was one of my best friends in the world and I still miss him even after half a decade since his passing. I hope this helps you all a little better to understand the man and where Cooper T came from (the name Cooper T was actually a combination of his early partner Paul Cooper and the T from Toombs - both of whom I knew very well).

Thanks for sharing this,nice to hear stories like this and remember a great man like him. I talked to him once via phone while trying to get an IMP kit working correctly on one of my old PGP's....he was very helpful and what I thought would be a short phone call turned into a 3 hour conversation about Sheridan, PMI and a bunch of other old paintball guns.

Here's a rarity to add to the picture list.....(Belongs to PW Paintball)
A Sterling IMP kit...(Surprisingly unanno'd)
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
------------

CCM Fan
definitley a cool story Kevin.

Nothing crazy here but...

boltaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #50 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
Thank you for posting Kevin. I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. It's important that we not forget men like Chauncey who built this sport into what it is today.

Thanks also to everyone who has posted various parts and products from Cooper-T. Every time I visit this thread I learn something new.

--- MCB FEEDBACK ---
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ranger steve is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Museum » VintageRex.com