mcarterbrown.com  

VM Empire Where the VM-68's and PMI-3 Come out to play

Old 10-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
^Nerd

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Vm68 noob

Ok so for some reasons they seem really intreaging to me. What are they? I know they are sherdians but do they have the same basic internals? What's the deal with multiple tanks? Do they have massive kick? What price can they be had for? And are they fun! or a load of headaches?

Thanks for any help with my questions

Feedback!
evilkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Before I answer any of your questions,I have one of my own....How strong are you? These guns are not for weaklings
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
^Nerd

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Yeah I heard they are heavy, I am no stick but not a body builder, I weigh around 180, I am prepared for the weight.

Feedback!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Ok,just making sure as the stock VM weighs about 10 lbs without a tank or hopper.

Here's the answers to your questions...

What are they? Benjamin Sheridan VM-68 aka PMI-3

I know they are sherdians but do they have the same basic internals? As what? The VM is pretty much the first Stack tube blow back semi (Pre-dates the original Spyder by about 4 years) the internals are not the same as any gun out there.

What's the deal with multiple tanks? A VM can run a tank in many different configurations if you can find the acessories needed.In order to run more than one tank you're need tanks with shutoffs on them or on/off valve on one of the air lines

Do they have massive kick? VM's have a massive kick compared to todays electro whizbanger guns due to the MONSTER sized stainless hammer inside the gun

What price can they be had for? Prices vary,there's a couple up for sale on here right now for around $40-$50,but,there are also some nicer ones for over $200 as well out there

And are they fun! or a load of headaches? Depends on your definition of fun,I don't really use them much anymore,but,when I did I loved the weight and feel of them...Word of warning VM parts are getting harder to find,they were around for many years so parts are out there though. Barrel threads are the same as the Sheridan Equalizer,most Armotech guns,the early Bruiser,and The PG1-pro (aka The Edge)
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Old 10-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
^Nerd

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
So around how much would a black and silver tiger stripe with the tank infront and tank in back in fully functioning order run me?(from the ones I have seen those are my favs)

Feedback!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Depends on condition...Average is between $70-$130
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Old 10-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hmm..

I just got my first VM this week, $25 off craigslist I've seen the basic ones go for around $45 on the bst. It's a such a cool gun, the weight is awesome and with a 9oz on the front it points nicely.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
^Nerd

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Thanks for all the great info, now I just need to try and see if someone wants to trade for one, because I would rather not have my number of markers go up. If you know any one with a set up simmilar to the one I listed and would want to trade my pgp for it, I could probally add depending on condition. I'll try putting up a wtt add in a day or so. Thanks again

Feedback!
Old 10-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Like most (if not all) sheridans, palmer's has rebuild kits and other necessities. Pro-team products still has several upgrades (.45 frames, armson barrels, CAR stocks, etc). Lapco still has VM to cocker barrel adapters.
As far as function goes, ya know how just about everybody copied Spyders? Well, it's my personal belief that kingman copied their basic operation from the VM. It's a stacked-tube blowback. And if Spyders are gas hogs, a VM is a herd of them.
By all reports, the trigger group is a pain to tinker on, but I haven't had mine apart yet to confirm it.
They are ridiculously/absurdly/painfully/phenomenally/(insert appropriate metaphor here) heavy, and you can feel the kick without having any air hooked up to it.
The guns and parts can be found with a reasonable amount of patience and time.

Good luck to you, and if you get one, enjoy it. As with any gun, its shortcomings will only make you a better player. Stronger, too

My feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
^Nerd

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Can the dual tank set up only be ran if the tanks have on/offs? Or can they both just be regular co2 tanks?

Feedback!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » VM Empire