mcarterbrown.com  

VM Empire Where the VM-68's and PMI-3 Come out to play

Old 05-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugged2Much View Post
Liquid CO2 is not an option over here, unless you enjoy having trouble with the gun. We have low temps and high moisture, causing orings and seals to freeze, with leaks, inconsistent velocity and cycling problems as a result. Hardly anyone here even uses CO2 anymore, and fills are way more expensive because of that. My VM has the Pro-Comp v3 kit and will be running HPA.
I have never heard of anyone having issues with liquid c02 and these guns....and trust me, I live in an area where we have lower temps and just as much humidity as you do. These guns were literally made to be used with liquid C02, it shouldn't be an issue. Heck, you can even fire these guns and have them cycle properly with out a bolt oring if you use enough oil. And when ever I use mine, it is very consistant on velocity....+/-10 from 270....which isn't bad for CO2. And we have the exact opposite issue with the price of CO2 vs HPA. We get a 50 lbs canister of it for around $30, give or take. We fill our tanks our selves. For our HPA tanks, my friend purchased a Shoe Box compressor because there is no fill station for them with in 70 miles.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
Paint magnet

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Sounds like it is not an issue with CO2 but an issue with the cost of getting the CO2.

My VM from spare parts will satisfy almost all needs for straight CO2, that is if the Field will hand over several bottles of CO2 for one marker....

Name:  3-tank.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  25.1 KB

Gallery
Atomicvole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:02 AM   #23 (permalink)
Paint magnet

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
OK, Update. Finally got a chance to poke this thing a little more.
I changed out the regulator for an ANS X2 regulator, now set at 800 PSI the marker works great. The bolt has been sanded to cup the face, opened the bore and entry hole to match that which I drilled through the body and valve. At 800 (aprox) PSI from CO2 tank I had to close the port some to get the velocity down to 280 fps, It was running on the high side of 350 with the screw in the bolt all the way open. At 700 PSI I was shooting way low closer to 200FPS, but it was still cycling fine.
Still running the stock spring as I had no luck with the automag spring, so I will just leave it how it is- it works.
Once I got used to the trigger this beast hammers away fast enough I won't feel under gunned. And the nifty way the trigger is desigend keeps you from pulling the trigger when all is not ready.
So to recap:
--Cupped and widened bore of stock bolt, drilled body and valve to match-one of the early model bodies so the hole was pretty small to begin with. Bolt using brown viton orings (same orings as my brass sheridan bolt o-rings)
--ANS X2 regulator at about 800 PSI running CO2, connected to a Taso Expansion chamber in the stock and then a remote line to the upright 24 oz CO tank on my back.
--Valve spring removed, using a VM68 Palmer's Dyna valve, and the Special Hammer o-ring is one Bacci sells, I gently sanded the leading edge of this o-ring to take off the sharp corner.
--Detents I picked up from EBay, they needed shaved on the inner edge and tips to allow the paint to drop completley into the chamber every time, but it was easy with a razor blade.
--Stock spring.

Gallery
Atomicvole is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » VM Empire