mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Newbie to Angels looking for info

I'm looking to buy an Angel and I am having some trouble figuring out the models & what they come with.
So far as far as I can figure the first model was the LED, followed by the LCD then it gets confusing. I think the next model out was the Speed in 2003 & the 2003 Speed was the last one to take high pressure input.

As for which models have eyes, which have COPS and which have nothing I can't really figure that out.

In addition, is COPS any good? I've heard positive and negative comments about it. If anything it seems like it would be less likely to have problems if a ball breaks in the breech but what do I know?
Surestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

The models can be confusing until you just learn to remove the Speed models from the timeline of the other guns and put them on their own.

LED
LCD
Ir3 03 Speed
A4 04 Speed
A4 Fly
G7 05 Speed
G7 Fly 06 Speed
A1

Before the IR3 there will be no cops or eyes. Ir3 and A4 had cops, A4fly and onwards have eyes.

For the speeds I am not 100% which of the early models have which, as I haven't looked into getting any of them. But the 05 speeds and onward have eyes.

I have an Ir3 with cops and have simply shut it off rather than mess around with it, hasn't given me any problems that way.
Piccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thanks.
Surestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Flanker

is 450 for a stock g7 with like 5 cases shot threw it a good deal???
Phantom Flanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Duper Member

its not a great deal, but definitely not a bad one either, I would do it if I didnt have an A4 Fly already
Engus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

eBay: WDP Angel A4 Fly Paintball Gun Stiffi Halo Hopper JT (item 320132667761 end time Jul-06-07 10:15:20 PDT)

My Angel is for sale

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kicking Cancer's ***

Send a message via AIM to Moose

CCM Fan
I used an 05 Speed on a high pressure (850) HPA system with no problems.

Proud Recipient of Project M - Thanks MCB!!!

MCB Feedback
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo View Post
The models can be confusing until you just learn to remove the Speed models from the timeline of the other guns and put them on their own.

LED
LCD
Ir3 03 Speed
A4 04 Speed
A4 Fly
G7 05 Speed
G7 Fly 06 Speed
A1

Before the IR3 there will be no cops or eyes. Ir3 and A4 had cops, A4fly and onwards have eyes.

For the speeds I am not 100% which of the early models have which, as I haven't looked into getting any of them. But the 05 speeds and onward have eyes.

I have an Ir3 with cops and have simply shut it off rather than mess around with it, hasn't given me any problems that way.

Early Models of speeds and A4s have Sensi with LDS. Sensi is the same thing as mem 6 cops II except that they have LDS which is Load Detection System, that detects the static force of the paint while not shooting, so that if there is alot of weight on the sensor (As might happen when a halo winds up or the feedneck is full) it knows it can shoot faster without checking the sensor. At least that is IIRC.... COPS II was always flawless on my teammates IR3, It really seems to either work great or not at all.

The speed is kinda confusing with it's timetable, however I would not put the 03 speed and IR3 together. The IR3 was released in 2001 (model year) and was of the medium pressure angels (Operates around 400, minireg input 6-900psi). The Speed came out much later, and was one of the newer LP angels.

Last edited by sdlm; 07-02-2007 at 03:32 AM.
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Go to angel-owners.com for some general info if you need it. It is kind of hard to search around through there but there is a lot of info to be found.

My opinion about angels?

Id really only want an a4 fly and beyond.

If I was going to spend anywhere near 500 dollars for an angel???

Buy a used angel A1 for 600 or so!!!!!!

Its the latest generation gun, completely revised, way smaller, and basically better in every way.

For 300 dollars though you cant go wrong with an 05 speed or an a4 fly. I was selling my friends 05 speed and have now adopted it into my stable. I really like the guns.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Actually, I already bought one in February but thanks for the continued updates!

I got an 03 Speed for really cheap. Only thing it really needs is a new battery & COPS sensor.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP