mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcito;2153336 Seeing as [COLOR="Red"
a 9v would take up space of where the existing screen...the general idea now is to have an LED [/COLOR]and a bluetooth connection to program the board if wanted

OLED is organic led...a display screen that uses LED's to display text etc..
This must have confused me. I read this to mean that they are going to make these boards OLED and that the screen would be in the same space that the 9V would be so it is a one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
This must have confused me. I read this to mean that they are going to make these boards OLED and that the screen would be in the same space that the 9V would be so it is a one or the other.
No just and led like a good virtue board, not an OLED screen. The 9V will go where the stock screen was. Basically it's gonna be a virtue board angel replica. Which is fine if it's affordable.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
That retro guy,

Yes, what he meant was because a 9 volt would take up so much space the board will simply be LED instead of OLED
Tacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I would take one for my son's 03 speed.
dqsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by big jim View Post
For me, on a tight budget currently, the board without the 9v option would be a no go. With both of my angels needing batterys that would cover close to half the cost of the board for each of them. Also a 7th element board plus a battery is about the cost of the Virtue boards (9v) that I have seen on fleabay recently. Maybe there are enough new features with the 7th element boards to make it worth while but it makes my cost go from $30 to replace the battery to $95 for a battery and board when I am really only looking to make the gun work at this point.
Well you can be cheap about it but I'm gonna buy the bluetooth module and program my pathfinder boards using my android phone why don't you check out the website and see what I mean.
Seventh Element Paintball Electronic Mobile
nx1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Me cheap? Never!
I still have the old clam-shell style phone that makes calls and takes pictures, period. Smart phones cost to much to operate monthly, so the Bluetooth feature won't be any help to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a nicer group of people on the internet(even if our opinions all suck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalsilence View Post
I've dealt with canadians several times and I usually undercharge by 2-5 dollars cause I feel bad for them sometimes. Just my 2cents.

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...k-big-jim.html
big jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

they posted in pbn a few months back about some boards they were looking into. They want to offer boards for alot of the older markers that there are no options for.

I am definatly interested as I told them when they posted it that A4 boards are needed since virtue stopped production on theirs. Most of the OLED's that 7th are making are around the 70-80ish mark. if they can make one respectable in price Id gladly pick up 2 or 3 of them
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
that price in that configuration would be perfect. goldmine in the angel market alone. or even if they made them small enough to be universal to most guns like a tboard.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
That retro guy,

Just saying Make em fit 90 frames all the ir3-g7 owners would come flocking, but make it fit ALL angels and youll have a goldmine
Tacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to voodooballer

OLED would be possible if they made it like virtue. Make the screen seperate and just connect it to the board. I think they could make a mint with both oled and led boards, oled for A4/G7 style and then just small LED for previous models
voodooballer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP