mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WDP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wdp/)
-   -   Replacement board option 7th element (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wdp/185099-replacement-board-option-7th-element.html)

abcito 12-13-2011 09:10 AM

Replacement board option 7th element

So as many of us are stuck with missing pixels...dead boards...missing chargers..toasted batteries and non compliant for ramping limits. I contacted seventh element to see what it would take to develop boards that work in a4/g7 angels. Surprisingly they replied very quickly. I chose to contact them since I thought that they would be able to put out a product that is competitive and hopefully less expensive than a virtue board. Lets face the fact that mot too many people are willing to drop 150 on a board that is worth almost the value of the gun

I don't have specifics as to pricing. I already asked.them to provide a cost estimate since that would be the first question on everybodies mind. But I thought that I would get the ball rolling to see how many are interested. They would like at least 50 'commited' buyers

I will.update this thread as soon as I heat backwith their cost estimate. In the meantime please post if you are interested in becoming one of the 50.

I've also posted this in aog

I just heard back from seventh element and they are going in the direction of OLED boards at the price of 65 dollars

UPDATE check here for details http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3718863

interested parties
1. Abcito - 2
2. Uziel gal -1

Tacticool 12-13-2011 02:19 PM

if i am right the board for the LCD has the same plugs as the older models, so if that is true and the board works with LCD's im down for 2 boards, otherwise im in for 1

gainman 12-13-2011 04:46 PM

are they gonna be same size/shape as g7 boards, or can they make them small to fit 9v in the frame and in an older lcd style? these will sell like hotcakes especially at that price if they can drop in an LCD

nx1701 12-27-2011 08:51 PM

I'll take 3 For my angel lcd's ftw.

big jim 12-27-2011 09:20 PM

Can you tell me what an OLED board is? I know that virtue now makes their Ion board OLED ready and I can no longer attach a on/off pad to it, but I don't know what OLED is or why I would want it. I too am looking for a board for my LED that would have the ability to put a 9 volt in the grip. I see virtue ones on e-bay that take the 9 volts for $90 so I would take one for $65 if it will.

Thanks

abcito 01-06-2012 11:30 AM

Sorry for the neglect of replies but I've been busy with work and the holidays but check out the thread on pbnation. 7th element rep has responded in the thread. There is a large interest in the cross generation board. Seeing as a 9v would take up space of where the existing screen...the general idea now is to have an LED and a bluetooth connection to program the board if wanted

OLED is organic led...a display screen that uses LED's to display text etc..

gainman 01-06-2012 12:41 PM

led would be perfect and the bluetooth sounds cool. as long as it fits in the original lcd frame with a 9v, they will have a gold mine.

Tacticool 01-07-2012 10:32 AM

make it fit the LCD and theyll sell better than if it fits the g7 frame exclusively

big jim 01-07-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcito (Post 2153336)
Sorry for the neglect of replies but I've been busy with work and the holidays but check out the thread on pbnation. 7th element rep has responded in the thread. There is a large interest in the cross generation board. Seeing as a 9v would take up space of where the existing screen...the general idea now is to have an LED and a bluetooth connection to program the board if wanted

OLED is organic led...a display screen that uses LED's to display text etc..

For me, on a tight budget currently, the board without the 9v option would be a no go. With both of my angels needing batterys that would cover close to half the cost of the board for each of them. Also a 7th element board plus a battery is about the cost of the Virtue boards (9v) that I have seen on fleabay recently. Maybe there are enough new features with the 7th element boards to make it worth while but it makes my cost go from $30 to replace the battery to $95 for a battery and board when I am really only looking to make the gun work at this point.

gainman 01-07-2012 11:18 AM

he is saying the board will be 9v so all you will have to buy is the board.