mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

Location: Leavenworth County Kansas, we're all prisoners here

Sorry bro, I forgot all about sending that to you. I was in the middle of buying a house and moving. Let me go through my gear/parts and I'll get that sent out to you. Same address you sent me before?

As far as the eyes go, it's going to depend on what size eyes they used. Whoever did the mod probably either used DM or Angel sized eyes, I don't remember what those sizes are. Your best bet is probably to get ahold of dr. strangelove on pbnation, angelowners.com, or angellasereyes.com. He makes drop-in eyes for most Angels. If they are standard Angel size and the sockets on the board are the same as newer stock boards, he should have some on hand to sell. If they aren't standard Angel size he may be able to make a set for you.
BillyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Angel Collector

yeah the doc is best. angel eyes are 1.8mm. DM eyes are 3mm.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
ALPHA MIKE FOXTROT

Sweet and yes on the addy. Congrats on the house. Thanks guys
edwards1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
ALPHA MIKE FOXTROT

Hey guys what bord is in this. It has dip switchs. I'm trying to figure out the settings on it
Old 03-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

It looks like an old predator board to me, not the newer red ones but the original ones, like I have in my 04 speed.

Here is the tricky part, Predator installed eyes came with eblade eye covers but...
Warped Sportz LA was also doing eye installs back then and used epoxy to hold the eyes in, now if I am remembering correctly they either used a predator board or one that looked just like it but lacked the firing modes of the predator board. To further expand on the Warped eyes, they came out with an ACE install originally before predator boards existed, but they made the eyes work with the regular lcd board, which was awesome for way back in the angel lcd period, later I believe that they switched to using a drop in led board to replace the lcd board on the eye installs but I am fuzzy on this part of the history.

edit. found an old warpig article for the original warped eyes and the epoxy job looks a bit cleaner. http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech...ce/index.shtml

To me it looks more home brew because if I am remembering correctly the Warped Sportz LA eye installs and the actual "HK" modded angels had cleaner epoxy jobs then that but I havent seen one since probably around 2005 so it is a long time to remember something like that.

Hold your trigger down when you turn your board on and it should go into programming mode, pull the trigger once and it should go into firing modes then pull the trigger a couple of times and see if it has changed the firing mode to something other then semi (1 click is semi). That is on a predator board new and old. Well I should say old or older with the boards none are in production for a few years.

Epoxy eyes are always an issue to replace, are you sure they are broken? Normally those will last ages when they are sealed up, only things that happen are they get extremely dirty, or the wiring gets damaged but the wiring can usually be soldered up. They are also 3mm DM style eyes from the time period. Other choices were the 1.8mm angel eyes in the a4 fly (these are not fly eyes), or 5mm timmy eyes but that isnt a timmy board so it has to be the 3mm eyes that are most common.

Theres no me in suck but there is always u

Last edited by Paintballer50505; 03-10-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
ALPHA MIKE FOXTROT

Thanks I'll check it out. Awsome i now have a place tp start with the eyes.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP