mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angel Air reg lens cover (AR019)

Not sure if this is the right spot for this. Anyone know a good source for the cover for the reg? I'm in need of 4+ and no color preference. Clear would be fine. They don't take a lot of stress around the screw hole when you tighten them and so they crack. I'm sure a common problem as we all know. Looked on fixmyangel site but didn't see any. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
jb82ndabn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Good luck finding them. They all crack. It doesn't matter how tight or loose you put on the screws they all crack. I have not seen any new ones for sale in a long time. I think Bob at FMA might have some that are not listed on site.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think the problem was they were made of Lucite, not polycarbonate. Lucite cracks very easily. The blue one on one of my systems is not just cracked, it is broken with several pieces missing. I may take one of the ones not as bad and see if I can get some made at a reasonable price in clear polycarbonate. I have a few contacts that I may be able to have make me a few. They owe me a favor or two.
You may be right about FMA. I checked and there were none listed on the site. This would make some people happy if the right person with the right equipment could make some of these for resale. Just pop in your old button and good to go!!!

Last edited by jb82ndabn; 05-02-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I would try getting some made. You can spend your time looking for a new one and it will crack for no good reason no matter what you do. I tried all kinds of things and they still cracked.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Angel Collector

If you are serious about having some made some of us would be very grateful
jptheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Location: Leavenworth County Kansas, we're all prisoners here

sometimes you can find polycarbonate (aka Lexan) at a decent hardware store. It's not difficult to cut at all. A jigsaw with the proper blade will cut it easily, just don't force the blade. Drill the proper holes and you should be good to go. I don't have personal experience with the AIR regs but the piece you're trying to get is just flat plastic right?
BillyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
Anyone have a picture? I have not seen em for a while. I may be able to run some at work. We machine rexolite, acrylic and polycarb a whole bunch so, they would have a decent surface finish. I can't say anything for sure but if I get some free time I may ask someone to send me one as a measurement template.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
sometimes you can find polycarbonate (aka Lexan) at a decent hardware store. It's not difficult to cut at all. A jigsaw with the proper blade will cut it easily, just don't force the blade. Drill the proper holes and you should be good to go. I don't have personal experience with the AIR regs but the piece you're trying to get is just flat plastic right?
The piece is "U" shaped. I haven't checked the radius but it looks to be about 3/16" in the corners. If I could get some made, you would have to use the original rubber on/off button. I'm not familiar with Rexolite as far as bending/forming ability. I will try next week to see some people and discuss the feasibility of making some and get a rough price. Hopefully there will be some other Angel owners interested in getting some replacement covers. don't know what the original cost was but if I could get say 50 pcs made, I'm sure the price would come down. Driving force would be cost for that amount and if I could move the ones I don't need.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Angel Collector

I actually acquired a new old stock unbroken one. I would be happy to lend it to the cause. It is a flat sheet bent into a U, except for the two ridges on either side of the center. 4 recessed wholes for the screws, 1 for the button. Dust finish with clear for the LCD, i myself wouldnt care if it was all clear/polished.

Sorry for the terrible camera

Last edited by jptheripper; 05-08-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: more pics.
jptheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
biggest issue is going to be getting stock in that size. I can't seem to find anything even close in U channel or square.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP