mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WDP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wdp/)
-   -   Another A1 Question; which tank (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wdp/222671-another-a1-question%3B-tank.html)

dqsantos 01-04-2013 07:56 PM

Another A1 Question; which tank
 
Ok, i have a max flow (old school adjustable) and a nitro duck adjustable; which should I use on my A1?

Dr. VonDeafingson 01-04-2013 08:10 PM

Neither, That's a lot of weight to be hanging from an a1's rail and they're prone to snapping.

Dogger 02-11-2013 09:15 PM

When I picked up my first A1, my local pro shop and I did some testing. I coupled a CP reg that is putting out about 525psi to a smart parts tank. That combination seemed to be the lightest setup we could come up with and we benched the CP reg and it was really efficient and the recharge rate was fast. I've had several A1s and I still use that tank. I did the same thing for my Egosusing a HP reg. I still have that which happily runs my Emag now.

shooter4life 02-16-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson (Post 2582328)
Neither, That's a lot of weight to be hanging from an a1's rail and they're prone to snapping.

Def going to agree. Grab a 45/45 or small 68/45 tank. That's a light gun and should have a light tank.

Dr. VonDeafingson 02-17-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter4life (Post 2626713)
Def going to agree. Grab a 45/45 or small 68/45 tank. That's a light gun and should have a light tank.

It's not even that. WDP/APS didn't leave a sufficient amount of meat near the rail, so they tend to snap on dives with larger tanks. It couldnt handle dives and such. I had an a1 that the rail snapped within the first week of using it.

shooter4life 02-17-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson (Post 2627361)
It's not even that. WDP/APS didn't leave a sufficient amount of meat near the rail, so they tend to snap on dives with larger tanks. It couldnt handle dives and such. I had an a1 that the rail snapped within the first week of using it.

That blows....leave it up to wdp to screw you not once after buying the a1 but twice with a junk design. Lol

dqsantos 02-18-2013 01:20 AM

Thanks,

I have been using the maxflow 68//45. It has worked fine but is not attached with the rail. It is attached with the maxflow rail and the two bolts into the grip frame.

However, I would light to lighten my load so I have an adapter coming to replace the minireg so I can attache whatever tank I want with the stock asa.

Dr. VonDeafingson 02-18-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dqsantos (Post 2628177)
Thanks,

I have been using the maxflow 68//45. It has worked fine but is not attached with the rail. It is attached with the maxflow rail and the two bolts into the grip frame.

However, I would light to lighten my load so I have an adapter coming to replace the minireg so I can attache whatever tank I want with the stock asa.


That's not needed, the A1 reg can handle any pressure tank up to I think 950 psi.

dqsantos 02-18-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson (Post 2628345)
That's not needed, the A1 reg can handle any pressure tank up to I think 950 psi.

That must be with the D-lite reg piston. Mine didn't handle the hp tank. My field checked hydro dates and I had to use my pure energy 68/3k. It didn't like it.

shooter4life 02-18-2013 09:45 PM

You have to do the hp to lp mod. the a1 hates hp. The ram seals can go , the vert reg will hate it too. I've seen people attempt to run hp and have been on the boards the next day looking for rebuild kits.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC