mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

LCD internal upgrades?

Hey hey,

So my LCD is out for anno and have been thinking about what I can do internal wise to make it operate at its best. Never really got into internal mods in the day and have had no luck finding any threads on it except for people mentioning what they had inside.

So I assume I can get an aftermarket valve. I've seen the evil valves on eBay but not sure if its actually an improvement.

I assume the ram and hammer can be modded or replaced with something newer such as Ir3 stuff?? Once again not sure what the benefits would be.

I am going to do the home brew freeflow mod to run an external lpr as I'm not a fan of the stock one. I would like the benefit of fine tuning the pressure without tearing the front down and removing shims.

Any comments, suggestions and how-to's are greatly welcomed!

Thanks
-mike
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

For the most part, there is not much to improve on. The evil valve accomplished absolutely nothing as compared to a stock valve. I ran one for a while in my 2k1 LCD. Couldn't tell a difference. The LCD and IR3 rams are the same. Someone over on Angel Owners was selling aluminum ram shafts and/or nylon hammers that allowed you to lower the LPR settings. He may have sold them on PBN as well, but how long ago I don't remember. Check over on Angel Owners if you haven't already. At one time long ago Cobra Paintball sold all kinds of upgrades for Angels, but their parts are extremely hard to find since they closed down back in 2006/7/8?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

AHHHh thank you for the information. I am a member on Angel Owners but I forgot my password and have my old email for the recovery so I will have to resign up to view the classifieds I might order some newer angel rams and see what can mix and match or just leave it be. Curse my want to tinkerz....
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes

Turn it into a pump

Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
I want to do that one day for sure but ill get so much $hit for doing it to an ironman lol. People already hate me cause it has eyes. Can't wait for the anno reaction!
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Don't worry, one the bastardized Feather lite body I picked up years ago makes it out, they'll all forget about your hate.. It got milled for Timmy eyes( not me), big scars.. I'm putting a UL frame on it as well. so the eye holes shall be useless.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
Don't worry, one the bastardized Feather lite body I picked up years ago makes it out, they'll all forget about your hate.. It got milled for Timmy eyes( not me), big scars.. I'm putting a UL frame on it as well. so the eye holes shall be useless.
If u decide u wanna put on the DM vertical adapter along with the ultralite, let me know n ill get u some pics on how I did it if you haven't already figured it out
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Angel Collector

I'd like to see pics of the dm adapter
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
I'd like to see pics of the dm adapter
Ill check n see if I still hv them on photobucket. If not ill get some when the guns back in me hands!
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm ready for flame fest!! Lets go!!!

CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP