mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Question, I saw that there is a voltage reading on the info of the marker that reads 7.9 at the moment. I just replaced the battery with a duracell 9V right out to the box.

Is that low and could that have been the issue.

I think I read that the voltage is to be over 8.2.

Thoughts?
dqsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Winnebago Send a message via Yahoo to Winnebago

voltage could be the issue. or it could be the separated magno cup seal. typically not able to get above 220fps is:

1) low battery.
2) magno cup seal separated due to over-pressuring the gun.
3) inner ram oring worn out

the magno ram and standard ram are pretty much the same. i would suggest putting the magno hammer on the standard ram for less moving mass.

your big leak out the top and back earlier was you not pushing the lpr piston in all the way. you kinda have to feel for 2 bumps. first bump is the piston hitting/touching the noid wire spacer and the second is actually the piston going into the lpr.

""Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others." - Ayn Rand

- I demand MY fair share of YOUR hard work. -

For Sale: Angel Mamba Fly
Angel Parts
MCB Feedback
Winnebago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebago View Post
voltage could be the issue. or it could be the separated magno cup seal. typically not able to get above 220fps is:

1) low battery.
2) magno cup seal separated due to over-pressuring the gun.
3) inner ram oring worn out

the magno ram and standard ram are pretty much the same. i would suggest putting the magno hammer on the standard ram for less moving mass.

your big leak out the top and back earlier was you not pushing the lpr piston in all the way. you kinda have to feel for 2 bumps. first bump is the piston hitting/touching the noid wire spacer and the second is actually the piston going into the lpr.
It worked ok with the same battery so I don't think that was it, at least not all of it.
I used a new valve stem with the same results before installing the new D-lite kit
I think that you nailed it with the LPR piston not being in all the way. It is tricky to get it into the right spot.

I will swop out the ram head.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Someone who would really know the issue would e Dr. Strange on angel owners hit him up he will know exactly what's wrong. I personally think it's an issue with you reg but that's just me (if using hp mini reg mod flip back to stock reg stack and check, also check the lpr shims specifically the 3 hex shims as they might be out of order)
Old 03-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
Someone who would really know the issue would e Dr. Strange on angel owners hit him up he will know exactly what's wrong. I personally think it's an issue with you reg but that's just me (if using hp mini reg mod flip back to stock reg stack and check, also check the lpr shims specifically the 3 hex shims as they might be out of order)
I put a brand new 2 liter on it. So not an issue any more.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
Yes the shims were out of order.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dqsantos View Post
Yes the shims were out of order.
Awesome sauce! I'm waiting on an mkv, my d-lite came in a couple of days ago

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP