mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

New to me LED

I picked up a led in trade. Seems neat. Battery needs a charge. But my curiosity is these parts:::

Any assistance is appreciated.

I already have identified the bolt as aka and the vaa as aka.
shooter4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
the dude abides

you have a standard WDP Angel LED/LCD Ram and Hammer. But you have an AKA tornado valve and AKA LPR.

Do not get excited. Although AKA makes great stuff, the tornado valve was engineered incorrectly. Some of you may not know this, and may argue the point, but the dimensions of the valve and cup seal (in their assembled form) actually compress the valve spring a bit more than was originally intended (when used in conjunction with the Stock LPR and Stock Valve Spring) by WDP. Because of this oversight, the AKA tornado valve actually requires slightly higher pressure to the Ram assembly to compensate for the increased spring force created by AKA's miscalculation.

I am quite interested to hear someone refute this FACT, because I can actually prove this fact using a bit of Calc2 and differential equations.

Edit: actually, i dont really care to explain it to the layman. become a science major or engineer and I wont have to explain it.

Last edited by davehome333; 04-22-2013 at 09:06 PM.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for the info on the parts.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehome333 View Post
you have a standard WDP Angel LED/LCD Ram and Hammer. But you have an AKA tornado valve and AKA LPR.

Do not get excited. Although AKA makes great stuff, the tornado valve was engineered incorrectly. Some of you may not know this, and may argue the point, but the dimensions of the valve and cup seal (in their assembled form) actually compress the valve spring a bit more than was originally intended (when used in conjunction with the Stock LPR and Stock Valve Spring) by WDP. Because of this oversight, the AKA tornado valve actually requires slightly higher pressure to the Ram assembly to compensate for the increased spring force created by AKA's miscalculation.

I am quite interested to hear someone refute this FACT, because I can actually prove this fact using a bit of Calc2 and differential equations.

Edit: actually, i dont really care to explain it to the layman. become a science major or engineer and I wont have to explain it.

F=Ks thats all i got for ya.haha, im guessing thats what you are using atleast for the spring force because the difference between the intial s and the sf causes a larger F. is that where you were going?

feedback(http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
the dude abides

F=kS only tells us how how much Force would be required to either restore or compress the spring (the force required by the hammer to open the valve). It is obvious that by compressing the spring slightly more than originally intended, the Force required to open the valve increases. The slightest decrease in length can translate into a significant increase in the force required to open the valve; this is dependent on the spring constant "K" (thank you Mr. Hooke)

Coming to the above conclusion is not difficult, but Proving it is actually quite involved. The more in depth explanation would give a comparison of the three dimensional velocity vector field of the Air traveling through the marker given a stock well tuned Angel setup vs. a well tuned angel with AKA valve.
davehome333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

So did the aka lpr assembly compensate for the difference in spring tension? Or did it match the Wdp dimensions?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nerds.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hey Brad, let me know if you want to sell that aka lpr. I could even trade you a stock one plus cash.

In regards to the aka valve, while it may require a higher pressure, user tests have shown that it is more consistent shot to shot. If you are worried about the spring tension... change the spring. Granted the valve after that may not exhibit it's consistency.

If you examine the valve, you will ntoe that the hole on the lpr side is wider and would therefore let in more air. This hole can only be widened to a certain extent before the volume of air rushing in cannot be increased due to the distance the pin can be pushed.
RedHairedTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Alrighty, virtue rail installed. Waiting on detent, feedneck, breech knob and mini Reg.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

That looks amazing! Good pickup.
DCx7 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP