mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Angel A1 bolt won't return after firing.

Picked up a miami rage angel A1 for really cheap, had a firing problem. When I got it from the guy it would only shoot mabey 150fps and when dry firing the marker would choke and sputter like the bolt wasn't fully cycling.

Got home, took the marker apart and cleaned and lubed everything. When I pulled out the lpr I found that the front part (the part you need to pull the little snap ring out to remove) was a short version and when looking on the manual it shows it's supposed to be long. Well I installed the long one back in the marker and now when I fire the bolt will just stick forward until I reach into the breech to force it back.

I'm rather stumped on this thing. I don't have the proper tools (test guages) to test this thing out and it's proving rather diffulct to tech on.

Any suggestion on things I could try or what the problem may be? Currently the lpr has 3 of the flat shims in it. Hell, the manual doesn't even say if adding or subtracing raises or lowers the pressure (though I'm assuming that adding shims will raise it).

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

It could be a worse case scenario as well... The ram oring may need replacing. I know on both of my A1s I had bolt stick like that and it was the result of the ram. I know Dodgeballers was selling rebuildable rams. I have pics of a rebuildable I did myself if you're interested. You do need access to some machines, and the oring is specific.

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
It could be a worse case scenario as well... The ram oring may need replacing. I know on both of my A1s I had bolt stick like that and it was the result of the ram. I know Dodgeballers was selling rebuildable rams. I have pics of a rebuildable I did myself if you're interested. You do need access to some machines, and the oring is specific.
lol......well about that...

I actually just did some research and saw a pic of a rebuildable ram and saw a youtube video...So i went to work and machined down the back, pulled the pin, drilled out the back and made a super tiny sleeve to take up the space again. Put on new orings and tried to fire it......just my luck my tank was out of air. I plan on trying tomorrow but was just checking in hoping mabey there was something else I was missing.

Though on second thought, may need that ram oring, I installed a 011 but it's farily tight towards the back

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.

Last edited by JLuke; 09-28-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Just be careful of that oring. I know it isn't a standard size. I was considering turning down my rams to accept a more standardized ring, but tooling is an issue for me.

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
Old 09-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Just be careful of that oring. I know it isn't a standard size. I was considering turning down my rams to accept a more standardized ring, but tooling is an issue for me.
Would you know the oring size for the back of the ram? IF it's that hard to find I may just turn down the oring groove SLIGHTLY wider to fit a 010, I mean a 010 oring was slightly tight down in the groove.

I just screwed a co2 tank into the marker (it already has the minireg mod so it's good for the full pressure) it fired once and I then proceeded to **** my pants when the macroline blew out.....apparently the PO decided yellow non paintball spec macro looked better than the black paintball kind.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Would you know the oring size for the back of the ram? IF it's that hard to find I may just turn down the oring groove SLIGHTLY wider to fit a 010, I mean a 010 oring was slightly tight down in the groove.

I just screwed a co2 tank into the marker (it already has the minireg mod so it's good for the full pressure) it fired once and I then proceeded to **** my pants when the macroline blew out.....apparently the PO decided yellow non paintball spec macro looked better than the black paintball kind.
A 010 is close, but the actual oring may be metric? I'm fairly certain the sealing oring on the bolt knob is the same ring. So if you can determine it from that, you have a starting point. I was lucky, I had access to partial A1 master tech kit.
I'm pretty sure you would only have to turn it down a touch in both depth and width..

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
Old 09-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Ok i'm pretty much convinced it's a noid, here's what happens, tell me if this makes sense.

When I gas up the marker there is quite a large leak coming from under the noid cap that holds the noid down. After waiting probably oh 10 seconds or so it stops leaking completely.
When I fire the marker the bolt flies forward and can mabey get 150fps out of a ball. I then have to manually push the bolt backwards, the entire time of doing so I feel pressure pushing back against my finger until the very last few MM of travel then it holds the bolt back. After this the gun is still leaking heavily from the noid cover, after 10 seconds or so it'll stop.

Now when I take the noid cover back off, even after just airing the gun up and turning the air off, there is a black residue leaking from the rear vent hole of the noid like it was blowing through that one hole constantly.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

I would say that sounds like a combination of dwell/LPR pressure... I would hope it isn't noid, that could be an interesting one or replace if it is.

Edit: Could also be the solenoid gasket...

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras

Last edited by nofxkid2005; 09-29-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
I would say that sounds like a combination of dwell/LPR pressure... I would hope it isn't noid, that could be an interesting one or replace if it is.

Edit: Could also be the solenoid gasket...
Though I'm curious, even though the lpr is way way low, wouldn't the bolt still try to return? on mine the bolt is being pushed forward the entire time until I push it back to reset it. Unless these work differently than an ego or something.

Well the gasket doesn't look ripped but I guess that could be it, just seems odd it'll fire but not return, normally a bad noid means it does nothing at all

Guess it could also be that ram oring leaking. This is a dumb question, but would anyone possibly have a ram I could borrow to test in my marker? I may have botched up the ram or the oring I have isn't working. I wouldn't mind dropping 100 bucks on a ram if I was 100% sure that is my problem. I didn't pay a ton for this marker for a reason and don't want to drop way more into it.

Last edited by JLuke; 09-29-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Though I'm curious, even though the lpr is way way low, wouldn't the bolt still try to return? on mine the bolt is being pushed forward the entire time until I push it back to reset it. Unless these work differently than an ego or something.
This is the part that's odd to me. That's why I suggested dwell, but even that sounds weird...

Although if it is the solenoid, it could be that the spool inside it has enough left in it to open, but not return back. Thus when you push the bolt back, the back pressure at the end of the stroke is enough to reset the spool...

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP