mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oldbie

WDP tool kit.

I bought one of these years ago on general principle. It's got the LPR removal tool, a LPR pressure gauge, the spanner to extract the ram, then a L shaped bit with a threaded end that fits inside the ram spanner.

What is that L shaped tool? It seems like it'd be for replacing the snap ring adjuster nut for testing, but what would require that?
Skyssx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Paintball is my Obsession

Pic?
pghp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

WDP tool kit.

That right there is called the ram extractor rod, good for pulling the ram out of an angel LCD,doesn't do much and not at all necessary.

http://tbqf.co/wp-content/uploads/20...LCD-Manual.pdf
jt526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oldbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt526 View Post
That right there is called the ram extractor rod, good for pulling the ram out of an angel LCD,doesn't do much and not at all necessary.

http://tbqf.co/wp-content/uploads/20...LCD-Manual.pdf
That would be it. The LED manuals don't have that picture. So you're supposed to remove the "Snap ring screw" and maybe the "snap ring o-ring", then install the ram extractor rod through the ram and clamp plate alignment tool? Rotate ram and clamp plate alignment tool to unthread ram, then extract with rod?

I'm still unable to get the forward grub screw holding in the breech rod out. I've twisted and snapped two allen keys at this point. I feel like if I could get an impact bit that small, it'd spin right out. That's what it took for the battery chamber cap. I'm going to reassemble with either grease or some anti-seize, assuming I can get everything apart.

Anyway, the instructions for LPR and valve removal say "remove LPR body with suitable pick". I don't know what a suitable pick is, but I have a whole set of dental picks. They all slip out. I can't hose down the front of the body with penetrating oil unless I get the valve and LPR out. Seemingly, I can't get the valve and LPR out while the ram is in, either.

Made in Britain.
Skyssx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Your basic description is right. I never used mine through, I had only IR3 and above angels.

Try kroil penetrating on the screw with a qtip. I vaguely recall shimmying the pin out the back, but different body styles on mine.

For the lpr I never had that problem, always just used a dental pic. But I also think one was threaded and you could thread a screw in to remove it, but it has been a while
jt526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Def need to remove the lpr if you ever have a valve failure- the ram extractor kit is as over thought as angels them selves. Gotta love it. If you notice the spanner has a hole in the middle so you can adjust snap ring with a hex key and still move ram in and out with the spanner .

Full service

Angel Fanatic

978-530-6747

Eastcoastangel feedback:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
EastCoastAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP