mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

angel fittings?

I am in need of macro fittings for an angel.. all the ones I have tried will not thread in,,be it ninja..or any others I have.. I recently picked up an A1.. took fitting off the asa and it works for the other.. and no air macro fitting I have will fit the A1 asa.. so any help would be appreciated and if someone can direct me where to purchase fittings that will work I will pick up a couple ..
Thanks in advance.
Buzz
buzzinhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's a mystery to me, as far as I know they're standard fittings. I've replaced a couple with no problems.
Sight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

they are not NPT that is for sure.. ie I have all kinds of pipe.. etc that i have used.. and 1/8 pipe will not thread in either..1 turn at most it will then stop ..the other item is an angel air thru stock..I figured I would ask here and hope for a better answer..
Old 03-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Playing since 1998

Any paintball fitting will work. I have several angels across different generations and they all take the same size fittings. Either something is wrong with that fitting or something is wrong with the A1's threads.

FOR SALE:
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry paintmann I have a marker and an air thru stock that is proof your wrong...after making a trip to Fastenall today..the guy was a bit surprised when I showed him what I have and when he took normal NPT fittings they would not work.. he took one of the fittings I have that works and it threaded into a 1/8th elbow snugly.. he went "wtf"..I then said its the taper.. the fittings I have that work are not tapered..most of the fittings you see available come tapered.. thats the problem in a nutshell... I found something that will work but the pressure rating was not where I would like it to be.. so i am going to see if that company makes higher rated fittings ..
Old 03-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Playing since 1998

Then I can only assume there is something wrong with that ASA. Not sure what to tell you. I just took a new pb macro fitting and it screws right in to mine.

FOR SALE:
Old 03-23-2017, 05:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

they are not NPT..they are NPP... difference is one is tapered the other isn't.. idk..but I got 2 things here and both do the same thing with a tapered fitting... both came from Europe so...there is nothing wrong with the fittings or the asa.. as I said before these fittings work in other things and will fit and its odd.. I noticed this with the air thru ARk stock to begin with..as both fittings inside were damaged hence why i need 2 or better.. so when this A1 I bought off here arrived I took the fittings and tried them and sure enough same thing.. I been looking thru different info on pipe thread and different types..NPT the t is for tapered..NPP the p is for parallel ..I also look at british pipe as well 2 different standards there as well..
Old 03-23-2017, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Canadian to a fault

Weren't the later Angels made overseas? I don't remember when they switched manufacturing facilities, but that could explain the issue.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Playing since 1998

The only thing I can suggest is that you join the angel owners group on facebook. That's where all the AOG forum members went to when that forum closed down. Seek out Brad from East Coast Angel (or search for his website), he will know the answer.

FOR SALE:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP