mcarterbrown.com

Old 06-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
LED bolt need a nubbin? + reg creep

Other than not getting to use this thing in a game (the reg is giving serious creep and wont fire correctly.. but only after I took it to EMR) i love this gun.

My 2 biggest issues. 1 Paint is rolling back into the face of the bolt, and it is chopping like mad (got this thing turned down to about 8bps and chope weather I use a Halo or a revvy). Do I need to go through all the nubbin BS like i did on my Minimag, or is there a replacement bolt I can get that fixes that issue? (My kingdom for a jam-bolt...)

2. reg creep. How might I get this reg (original stock) off of the gun? Its on there pretty tight, and I havent got it to budge. Im thinking it needs a cleaning at minimum, and probably a re-build. Any suggestions? (Now is one of the times I wish I had a lathe to slap it in a collet...)
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Open up the back plate and the ram will have two holes in it. It takes a special tool, but being a smart fellow, if you don't have one I am sure you can come up with something.
What you want to do is adjust the ram forward to the point that the bolt will click when you close the breech. It might even require that you reach down the feed and push slightly back on the bolt to open the breech. Not too far of course because the catch will not go into the slot on the ram if it is too far. I hope you know what I am saying there...

The older Angels a lot of times do not play well with forcefed loaders either, just because of that rollback issue. You can also try putting a softface bolt in, I think they will fit in the LCD breech. Might want to borrow one before you buy just to be sure. Its been a minute since I had an LCD.

The reg pack on the newer Angels are designed to be replaced, not rebuilt. That may be the case with the minireg you have now. IIRC there is someone making an adapter that will allow you to use a standard threaded reg, or of course you could check with FMA or any other tech and see if the reg pack is available.

GL
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Thats what I needed, I'll look into the ram adjustment this week. thanks
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WDP