mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cheffer

Herbies would be cool. My Dad lives ten minutes from Herbies, so My family would come along and have a place ot crash.

As for outdoor fields in Utah... I think Dale (pegleg/sugarstump) is pretty close to opening his up north. He is planning on hosting mech only tournies and the like.
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Um

He has been saying that for years.
Visit my new group page at http://www.facebook.com/JonesGunWorks#!/JonesGunWorks
http://www.youtube.com/user/Legion99999?feature=mhee
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cheffer

He had pics of the field this time

If I had the money, and didn't mind losing it all, I'd lease the old Home Base here in Provo (it was like a crappy version of Home Depot) and make an outdoorish field in it. Trees and bunkers and bushes inside for year round playing... would be sweet!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

My understanding was that the field that held the Utah SPPL qualifier is pretty decent. Is that incorrect?

BLC is the team, Misfire is the name...
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Well If we do everything on the up and up, Teh place Ive been playing for 6 years now can handle 40 people no problem, and is located outside of Palisade (Grand Junction) So theres plenty of food/lodging. I just need to go through all the BLM rules and crap once more. IIRC anthing under 75 people doe not require special permits. As long as we clean the rocks in the staging area and the "Allamo/Castle" portion of the feild (as we do now) we should be fine on that end too. Only issue I can think of is parking, and weather as its a dirt road back to the place and while a PT cruser can make it to within 100 yards of the feild, that can all change with a little mud.

Either way/any location, we need to set up a meet. I will most likely not be able to do anything soon this year as the purchase of some non PB items has put a cramp in my wallet. But who knows. Point is we need to set up a meet. I would prefer that it was at a regular organized annual event, one which is not scheduled to conflict with castle would be nice. We also need a location, as Ian has mentioned, that is central to those interested in attending. Utah might be the place who knows
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cheffer

If we don't insist on woodsball, there is a nice little speedball course here in provo that is free to play (byop, byoa, byo-everything). I've got a key to the gate, so we could do that any time.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

I don't know about the others, but meeting other old school players and having fun are more important to me than the style of play. I personally enjoy speedball on occasion.

I find it funny how some people look at speedball as the bastard step-child. It's been around nearly as long as woodsball. It was just a way to make paintball available in non-wooded areas.

BLC is the team, Misfire is the name...
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cheffer

Exactly. For three years now I've made it over to NorCal for some speedball in Wharfrats backyard. It's a blast. It's not the type of paintball played, but the attitude displayed.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Quote:
I don't know about the others, but meeting other old school players and having fun are more important to me than the style of play. I personally enjoy speedball on occasion.

I find it funny how some people look at speedball as the bastard step-child. It's been around nearly as long as woodsball. It was just a way to make paintball available in non-wooded areas.
I feel the same way. Paintball is paintball as long as the players are great folks.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC_Misfire View Post
My understanding was that the field that held the Utah SPPL qualifier is pretty decent. Is that incorrect?
yeah, Velocity paintball is OK, if they ever get to building that castle, it will be great.
pintotheevil is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast