mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Team Lockdown

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Save Paintball in CA - stop SB798!

The California Legislature is trying to pass Bill 798 which calls for imitation firearms, a classification which would include paintball markers, to be brightly colored (i.e., orange) in order to distinguish them from real firearms.

This is a serious concern to the paintball industry which could require all paintball markers in speedball and scenario play to be painted a bright color. Help stop this legislation by writing to your California senator or assembly member asap.

For more info:
Save Paintball in California | Facebook

the stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
CHEERS!

More discussion posted by Craig in the Palmers section:

California Bill 798
Old 05-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Team Lockdown

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Good...Im glad to see word of this is getting around. ALL california players should be deeply concerned.

the stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
So is this something that we can vote against? How do we go about stopping this. I just started voting two years ago and I am new to this.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

call your senators? cuz it's just a bill.

heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

"save paintball" ??

How very dramatic.

Lol
Old 05-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
BOB LONG!

CCM Fan
I don't support the stance that we try sidestep this legislation by adding an exception for paintball guns. The bill itself is pretty ridiculous and I agree that it could cause police to second guess their actions based on the color of the potential firearm since someone with malicious intent could simply paint their real firearm pink to perhaps gain an advantage.

If someone is dumb enough to draw what looks to be a weapon and point it at police they deserve to be shot. Adding color provisions to what constitutes a potential threat is just going to get people killed.

I'm siding with the airsofters on this and lets just get the whole thing shot down. Let people be responsible for their own actions and have common sense prevail.

Festa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festa View Post
I don't support the stance that we try sidestep this legislation by adding an exception for paintball guns. The bill itself is pretty ridiculous and I agree that it could cause police to second guess their actions based on the color of the potential firearm since someone with malicious intent could simply paint their real firearm pink to perhaps gain an advantage.

If someone is dumb enough to draw what looks to be a weapon and point it at police they deserve to be shot. Adding color provisions to what constitutes a potential threat is just going to get people killed.

I'm siding with the airsofters on this and lets just get the whole thing shot down. Let people be responsible for their own actions and have common sense prevail.
I actually know a guy back in VA that has done this very thing...painted the tips of real firearms orange. I don't know why anyone in their right mind thinks this is a good idea.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mr. Angel Pump

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I know a girl that had her AR15 duracoated in pink. This is the lamest law ever. I will paint my dessert eagle pink and you will see me hanging out at the park waiving it at people. All I got to say is don't worry it is harmless because I painted it so.
COBRA G7,Angel 1,Master tech Angel Force Fly,Angel Gat,Custom Angel Led,2000 LCD Angel Pump,2k1 Dark Angel,04 Angel Speed,C&C Angel IR3,Ice Fade G7 Fly,DM4,Eblade,Grey Ghost,PGP,2006 Grey Ghost,BLong Cocker,Angel G7,Cobra Mamba FLY,2K1 Angel Fly,Rasta G7 Fly,Dark 2K3 Angel,Euro Angel,2k2 Apollo Angel,2k1 Cobra SS LCD,Rev-i,Dark Angel IR3,2K5 Speed,KP3,Rasta A4 Fly.

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1921680
kill-n-spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm sure this bill will keep us all safe lololol
pink pistol - Google Search
My Feed back.
Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast