mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   West Coast (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/west-coast/)
-   -   Quick question about paint (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/west-coast/223449-quick-question-about-paint.html)

Panda 01-13-2013 08:28 PM

Quick question about paint

What do you guys shoot and where to you get it? I'm looking for the best paint for around 40-45 bucks a case.

stimpy 01-13-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 2591866)
What do you guys shoot and where to you get it? I'm looking for the best paint for around 40-45 bucks a case.

i shoot paintballs and get 'em at the paintball store :p

the valken graffiti works good

Bored383 01-13-2013 10:45 PM

what stimpy said

super_stanchy 01-13-2013 10:56 PM

i shoot DXS and GI from NW Ambush (local pb store!)

support the local shops :)

Panda 01-13-2013 11:05 PM

Looking into graffiti, How brittle is it? My Azodin KP is sorta harsh on paint when compared to a ion or such

fullofpaint 01-13-2013 11:44 PM

Valken Graffitti and Redemption is the best paint I've shot in a LONG time. Local store/field goes through it like crazy so it's always fresh, and their packaging is awesome, I've seen like 2 broken bags all summer working for the field. What's nice too is they don't have a winter ball, they just switch the fill for the winter.

It's pretty reasonable in terms of brittleness, shot it through a bunch of different guns and the only one that doesn't seem to like it was my stroker, but I think that might be operator error not the paint. Even redemption is pretty good, nowhere near as brittle as Evil, which makes it a great high-end rec paint imo. The tourney redemption (Redemption Pro I think?) though is unbelievably brittle though, and dimples really easy, I don't think I'd buy it except for a tourney just it wouldn't keep.

Gillymonster 01-14-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 2591866)

Since you go to Warp'd regularly you should ask Glenn about making an order of Elixir for you.
It's higher end of his WPN brand he sells, the good stuff.
I usually shoot Ultra Evil but it can't be found inside of that budget.

Gilly

Panda 01-14-2013 07:24 PM

Ok getting a half case of graffiti from ANS gear, They have free shipping and fair prices. I also don't have the time to drive out to my local pro-shop. Thanks for the information. I'll be playing on some woody-ish fields so the slightly harder shell will be great. Gonna pick up the white fill because the field paint breaks orange and I want to be able to spot my victims. Thanks guys!

Donut SD 01-14-2013 07:35 PM

I was a Wpn follower for a long time. I watched them get phased out here. Didn't like valken when it hit the market but now the quality has dramatically improved. Call me biased but I liked the larger caliber of the weapons grade (687-690) compared to valken's (672-684). Those are batch differences not box single box size ranges.

stimpy 01-14-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donut SD (Post 2592918)
I was a Wpn follower for a long time. I watched them get phased out here. Didn't like valken when it hit the market but now the quality has dramatically improved. Call me biased but I liked the larger caliber of the weapons grade (687-690) compared to valken's (672-684). Those are batch differences not box single box size ranges.

weapons grade was awesome, toxic was even better.