mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #281 (permalink)
Retread Paintball

Also....just so this doesn't get lost in the thread and since I've posted this up already...if anyone still needs it...you can paypal me directly if that is easier for you but joining the meetup groups is pretty painless and then you get our invites to ALL of our events as well!

0ption #1 Price is $35.00 per person for entry/all day air/rental equipment (Gun Rental, Mask Rental, Belt Pouch) via ticketing and paypal from this site. Option #2 - If you are "self equipped" (meaning you have your own mask and gun) then the price is $28.00 for entry and all day air. Option - #3 If you are using 12 gram CO2 cartridges or otherwise don't need all day air then you only pay the group entry rate of $20 for entry. Option - #4 There are also military discounts of $25 for entry/air/rental mask/rental marker/tank/and 200 rounds with military ID (you will have to show your ID at the event to get this rate so bring your ID the day of if you want this).

Paypal to brian@globalcomsolutions.com and your receipt may say paintball-grenades.com which is also me so not to worry. PM me if you have questions about tickets etc.
http://www.meetup.com/Paintball-Meetup-Group/
OC Paintball Meetup
http://www.meetup.com/Orange-County-Casual-Paintball/
autocockers rock!
retread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #282 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Juggernaut!
2-10 people are Juggernauts, they get 100 paintballs each and both riot shields, the Juggernauts have to defend a location/objective (bomb clock thing that Gman posted) for 10 minutes to win the game. The rest of the people have to take the objective. 1 shot eliminations all around.
All so, depending on the 'balls' that the group possess we could play hoard
again 2-10 people are given guns, 10 balls each. Riot shields are not used. Everyone caries a melee weapon. The people without guns are given a 10 second head start. The people with guns have to make it from point A to point B. Along the way, the melee wielding guys have to take them out using foam weapons. Gets pretty intense when you only have 10 shots.
both these games make great end of the day options. They are quick and sorta easy to get the hang off. Rules can be changed as you guys wish.
I know a lot guys play "Protect the Core"
The cores are two targets, usually a bucket ect., that each team protects. To win the round, one team must lob a grenade/ball into the core of the opposite team. The cores are place in a easy to see area but with minimal cover. This encourages players to move and take long throws to get the core. One shot eliminations with 3 lives (once shot out a player must walk back to his side of the field, them can re spawn)
Scrimmages are also fun
Break the group into 3 even teams. Play 3 minute games in close quarters round robin style. after maybe 9 games, who ever has the most wins is the winner.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #283 (permalink)
B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho

I'll send you the $45.00 when the general (wife) allows me too Retread. $20 refund (funds were used towards the bomb) $25 for my entrance and air (military)

I was also thinking of the "EXTRACT THE HOSTAGE"

Where one team has to get them to the other side of the map to win, and the other team just has to shoot the Hostage to win. Hostage cannot assist.

If my PROP BOMB comes in time I would love a "DEMOLITION" match where one team has to plant the bomb at a precise location and defend it until it blows. The other team has to prevent them from planting or DEFUSE it before the time expires.

I have 2 walkie talkies. I was thinking of having one attached to the bomb so that the defuser/planter can radio to the REF to let them know that the bomb is set/defused so the ref can start their own 5 min timer (on a stopwatch) to be laced with the one on the actual bomb.

BLACK HAWK DOWN is one that we played last time we were at SC. They put a dummy next to one of the choppers. One team had to extract the dummy while the other team defended the crash site. Riot shield would be good for this one.

RETREIVE INTEL should be good too. I have a small briefcase that I planned to use in creating a more "COD" looking bomb. It can be hidden in a section of the field. One team has to find it and bring it back to the start zone. The other team tries to ensure it doesnt make it back.

Since we are using melee weapons CIVIL WAR should also be fun. No hoppers, no mags, you must manually feed 1 paintball after every shot......should be a good way to ensure a melee weapon kill if you can rush the person while they in mid-reload.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #284 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Civil war would be tough for the kids and renters I think.
But it does sound like a fun game to play.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #285 (permalink)
Hunter-Sniper-Predator

Civil War with hand-fed shooting on a small/mid sized field is a great idea.

I vote for Castle Defense, on the castle & trench field or that other field next to S. Vietnam that has small fort on a center hill. Attackers try to surround from all sides, and sneak in to capture and take out a center flag/suitcase. Defenders cannot leave their base, and win if they can hold their item for 7 minutes.

We don't need to waste time handing out different colored bands for Castle Defense. At start, we'll have all the advance players in line 1, and beginners in line 2. Each player down the line will be given A, B, C, A, B, C, A, B, C. This ensures random fairness across all team. Game 1 will be A+B attack C. Game 2 will be A+C attack B. Game 3 will be B+C attack A. Each team gets an equal chance to play the Defender role.

If we get more than 60, we can have a 3:1 ratio of Attackers versus Defenders. Team A, B, C, and D. 45 attackers versus 15 defenders is a good ratio. Up for debate is the 7 minutes time limit, and should Defenders get more balls because they're engaged in a Target Rich Environment? Discuss.
Tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #286 (permalink)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Just a few achievements I was toying around with.
the website used is
www.say-it.com/achievement/
have fun guys
Barrel Sale
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #287 (permalink)
B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho

Lol that's pretty dope Panda
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #288 (permalink)
Retread Paintball

Very cool! People that play video games on Steam or 360 will think that looks familiar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
http://www.meetup.com/Paintball-Meetup-Group/
OC Paintball Meetup
http://www.meetup.com/Orange-County-Casual-Paintball/
autocockers rock!
retread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #289 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retread View Post
Very cool! People that play video games on Steam or 360 will think that looks familiar!
You can get really creative with these, I just did some pretty basic ones. I think that these do a good job in bridging the gap between FPSs and paintball. Its cool to get 100 knife kills in COD4 or whatever, but it is way cooler to get 5 in paintball. Also, there is no martyrdom or one man army noob toobs in paintball, and no one screams hacks when you get a good shot
Barrel Sale
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #290 (permalink)
Hunter-Sniper-Predator

I still need my 3 paintball perks though: Quick Draw, Steady Aim, and Dead Silence.
Tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast