mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Question Sunday 9/16 SF Bay area, where to play?

Finally get a paintball day on Sunday and looking for suggestions on where to go, and if any MCBers want to meet up. I'm in San Francisco, but also have a car and will drive 45 min or so in any direction to play.

I know of Sunol and Sac, but have never been to any.

Play mainly woodsball... and pump at that (Will bring 2 PGPs and my Minimag... and my latest 68 Classic if I can get her to stop leaking down the barrel)

I have extra masks as well... if you have a friend that wants to come along. 5 seats in my car, and so far flying solo, unless my ex-wife's brother comes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
But what it all comes down to is if your having fun. If your not having fun playing against people using full auto with a pump, then switch to a semi; fun is the only thing that really matters in paintball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
rub their little faces right in their own piss while yelling NO NO NO as loud as you can while smacking them on the back of the head.
spawnsharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

try venturegames on the backside of mount Diablo.
Welcome to Venture Games Paintball

I won't be there (reno air races this weekend), but a good recreational woodsball atmosphere.

--Joel
Old 09-14-2007, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It's not woodsball but are you aware of Bay Area Paintball? Only a few minutes south of SF.

Bay Area Paintball - San Francisco, Bay Area

Address
1864 Rollins Road
Burlingame , CA 94010
(650) 552-9939

I am going to be @ Sunol on Sat so I don't know if I am going to be in the mood to play on Sun (me being old and all that)
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I read tons of horrible reviews of that place. However, I'm going to check it out tonight by using their chrono range to tune a Mag that I just fixed a leak in.... I'll watch gameplay for a bit, then report back.

Which is better casual Woodsball action: Venture or Sherwood?

Quote:
But what it all comes down to is if your having fun. If your not having fun playing against people using full auto with a pump, then switch to a semi; fun is the only thing that really matters in paintball.
Quote:
rub their little faces right in their own piss while yelling NO NO NO as loud as you can while smacking them on the back of the head.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I really liked Sherwood. It's been a while since I was there though. Never been to Venture since I don't think my car can make it (or perhaps I can't make it up all those hills)...

I can honestly say I have NEVER had an issue @ BAP... And honestly, I can't figure out why so many people are having an issue...
Old 09-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

It's looking more and more like Sherwood then.... However, I'll be trying to make it to the pump game at Venture, so getting the lay of the land ahead of time might be nice too....

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I've played Venture. It's a wonderful place. Lots of thick woods, bases, hills, etc. Haven't done Sherwood.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

At Sherwood, watch out for the wasps that have their hives in the trees and undercover...

Porta potties abound. Pizza truck that comes out is a nice touch but they do run out...

I think they still have a gravel road leading to the field.

7-11 is only a few minutes from the field... Ignore "Paintball Jungle" though. They suck.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
And make sure you make it to Sac Pump Day on the 29th.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

All these great weekend events... I work weekends, and have to to make ends meet.... It was sheer need to play that possessed me to take Sunday off. Then I find out about Sac pump day on the 29th, and Pumps only at Venture on the 7th. Why did I not work something out for these days instead????? I can't afford to take every weekend off. But I would if I could.

To top it off, my brother in law backed out, now I'm going solo to where ever I decide to play. Crap-. I feel a little ripped off by my own self! Next time, I'll look deeper into the goings on before requesting time off.

Quote:
Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast