mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

SC Village Questions

Heading to SC village this weekend and have a few quick questions...

1) Hours state 9 am as the opening hour, what time do games normally begin?

2) How much is field paint? Can i bring my own paint?

3) What are the caliber of the player in walk on? Turn around time between games?

Thanks in advance for any help
jdlarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Field paint runs $35-$55/case depending on grade. It's usually fpo unless playing in a private game or the night games. I know the scenario games are definitely fpo.

There's a mix of skilled veterans and rental players, since the place is massive.

Game times vary with the ref, some run a tighter schedule than others. Turnaround tends to be long on crowded Saturdays. This is straight from refs and local players.

It's still an amazing place to place with great maps and variety. I've enjoyed every time I've been there, going back to 1989.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
YOU MOTHER****ER!!!!! That was one of my best bans ever!!!!
mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlarson11 View Post
Heading to SC village this weekend and have a few quick questions...

1) Hours state 9 am as the opening hour, what time do games normally begin?

2) How much is field paint? Can i bring my own paint?

3) What are the caliber of the player in walk on? Turn around time between games?

Thanks in advance for any help
1) Depending on what sklll level you play with walk-ons, they try to get started a little after 9 since just before that is morning rules. If you go with a private group... expect a long wait lol

2) paint prices at the field start at $35 and last time I checked you can bring your own paint regardless if it's walk-on or private group. Only time it's field paint only is if it's an event like Tet Offensive or Decay. As far as I know HSP and Giant Alpine are the only 2 Giant fields that are FPO (except for amnesty days).

3) caliber of paint? typically .68 but like paintballedbackin88 it really depends on the players and the refs if they can get those walk-ons off the field and back on. I really can't say for type of players themselves, sometimes I hear good sometimes I hear bad.
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

if things go as planned James K has some folks headed out Saturday, Suma and I should be in attendance - the only possible hiccups are - 1 work calling us in, 2 - if the billiards finals include Saturday (which we wont find out til Friday)

IF we are there will be sporting a REI Alcove semi-ez-up canopy lol and packing some pump marker heat =)

unless things have changed recently you can BYOP at SC - I will be loaded for bear with Evil =)

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Underdog? I got your back

They claim gates open @ 8, but be prepared to have the "C" van open at 8:10-8:15 for sign ups. Morning briefing @ 8:45 or so and the play starts after that. You can usually get a waiver at the "info" table before sign ups open, so at least you are ready. If you are early enough, what the best thing to do, is;have your waver ready, be first in line to sign up, then go chrono (usually there is someone at the chrono station by then) go get geared up, make the briefing and jump in the first game with the 10 other people that have done what you just did. If you have your own CO2, or HPA tank, be ready to be hassled about the hydro date. If it is over three years, they will probably make you rent a tank, even if it says five on it (believe me, I have had to do it before) If you are in a normal walk on game, don't take your barrel bag off until the game is about to start, I have had a ref throw a fit and kick me off the field because I did, even though I was beyond the "Mask on" netting (everyone had their masks on) and we were about to start playing. Be ready to pay more than you expect. I had a Free play coupon I got from a halloween game that was advertised as "show up in a costume and get in for free" Well, I showed up in costume and they told me here's your coupon, come back any time for free. I felt jipped, but took that coupon back and felt even more jipped when it cost me to play for "Free" turns out Free means $1 entry+$10 coupon administration fee and by the way, if you need air, it's another $11. Bring lots of water, it's hot there, especially this time of year and you need to hydrate. Believe me, you don't want to pay for water there... Half day rate starts at noon and goes until 4:00. It's really the best play for the money, unless you just go to Jungle Island that's just down the road. As far as the level of play, it varies widely depending on what's going and who has shown up on that day. They do break it up into different level groups, so don't worry about getting stuck in a beginner game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback

Last edited by RatFink; 04-24-2013 at 11:47 PM.
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Great, thanks for the responses!
jdlarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

gear prepped

omg I packed a semi

=P

my mcb feedback
Old 04-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

played with the orry sniper most of the day - was a decent day - bit warm so I chilled a bit

so did ya make it out there JD? mighta seen ya out at the speedball fields if so - we were relaxing there for quite a bit.

my mcb feedback
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Beware of the 1600 ball case of paint bro ! Happened a few years ago my buddy bought a case felt light and had 1600 balls in it . What really weird the box said 1600 rnds,
casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
weeeeeeeeeee

Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Beware of the 1600 ball case of paint bro ! Happened a few years ago my buddy bought a case felt light and had 1600 balls in it . What really weird the box said 1600 rnds,
that is their rec grade house paint, still at 1600
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast