mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-30-2014, 12:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

CCM Fan
It's basically a big dirt lot with some trees scattered about and around the sides. I camped in my truck the last couple games, you can set up right next to your vehicle. It would be like setting up your tent next to your vehicle at Actions parking area, it is the staging area.
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by the stuntman View Post
Shooters is charging 15 per person (includes Friday night too). You can pay when you register or at the game.
No electricity or water...but the food truck usually stays open until after sun down, and theres a small tavern right across the street to grab a cold beer after the game.

SPEAKING OF THE FOOD TRUCK......
Once again on-site food will be courtesy of "Thanks A Latte". They will have their truck up serving breakfast & coffee in the morning, and yummy sandwiches & BBQ all day.
This stuff rocks - They do a home-made Mac & Cheese and pulled pork that will blow your mind Seriously - best food you will ever get at a paintball field. Tri Tip sammiches.....
15 for the whole weekend ?
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
Are we able to camp near our vehicles? Is it close to the field? Tent set up on grass or a parking lot with broken bottles? Any trees? I have never been to the field and plan to camp onsite. I sure miss the taw games at combat zone. Camping there was fun .
It is a dirt lot, but it is well policed and safe. The field owner will be dragging it again so it should be pretty level. It is dry camping with no power.

The catering truck offers great grub for the price of fast food. Lockdown had a staff member dedicated to keeping us fed the first time out. We used Thanks a Latte for the fall game. We will continue to do so.

Please consider registering for the Top Shot style charity event as well. The guys who tried it last year really enjoyed it.

Since I know you, Casper, and Bird are pump and cocker shooters I am going to recomend the Graphitti as a paint option. The latest batch was .685 and shot +/- 2 out of my sniper.

We are dedicated to putting on top notch games. Old time players give us valuable feedback about what is right, and what needs improvement.

feedback

http://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lockdown Scenarios

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
Are we able to camp near our vehicles? Is it close to the field? Tent set up on grass or a parking lot with broken bottles? Any trees? I have never been to the field and plan to camp onsite. I sure miss the taw games at combat zone. Camping there was fun .
You can camp in/near/under your vehicles if you like. Camping & parking are pretty much the same place for the scenario...dirt/grass field with a few trees, between the Shooters speedball area and the scenario field/staging area.
No broken bottles - just the occasional rock or tree root. People camping tend to get the spots around the edges & by the trees, day parking gets whats left. There is another separate parking area for day/walk-on parking - Shooters continues to run its normal weekend walk on games on 2 smaller fields during the scenario.
Just drive thru the first parking area/speedball, past the goats (yeah, I said goats) & thru the gate...Lockdown staff will point you to a spot. We can fit an RV if you have one, just let us know so we plan for it.

BBQs - there are no campfires, but last time they did allow people to setup grills. I need to confirm with the field if this is still the case or if there are new fire rules in area what with the drought...will update on that later.

The onsite camping isnt as comfy as Combat Zone - they are lucky to share a fence with a full-time campground with lawns & real toilets - but its nice to be able to have it right on the field. I sleep on the ground in a tent behind the paint truck...

The scenario field itself is best described as Classic Nor Cal Woodsball. Mixed density woodland winding trails & clearings, scattered bunkers & minimal elevation. Bunkers at Shooters tend to be small, but are solidly built and more are being added every year. Consistent cover means the field plays bigger than it really is, but there are enough thin/open spots & wide trails to keep it from feeling cramped...lots of nooks & crannies. Its a really fun field to romp around in the woods shooting your friends in...
Old 04-30-2014, 01:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
15 for the whole weekend ?
Yes. Shooters regular insurance is not set up to allow for overnight guests at the field. This charge covers their extra insurance and staffing costs.

feedback

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Have you been to one of our games before? I don't recall having met anyone using the Hurt Cow moniker...
I'm sure we've met at some point. Last scenario I played was the pump one at CZ a few years ago, but Brandon and co. all know me.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
I'm sure we've met at some point. Last scenario I played was the pump one at CZ a few years ago, but Brandon and co. all know me.
He isn't the ICON but close !!
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:

The scenario field itself is best described as Classic Nor Cal Woodsbaplayed yMixed density woodland winding trails & clearings, scattered bunkers & minimal elevation. Bunkers at Shooters tend to be small, but are solidly built and more are being added every year. Consistent cover means the field plays bigger than it really is, but there are enough thin/open spots & wide trails to keep it from feeling cramped...lots of nooks & crannies. Its a really fun field to romp around in the woods shooting your friends in...
Casey (and whomever else has attended SPEW), it's much like the far-off corner of the Poso Creek field we played the stock class games on Sunday. Thick woods and brush. Just much bigger.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

What's the turnout to these like?
Do havoc launcher play into the picture?
I might have to consider going.

It'd be nice to relax a full pb weekend and just worry about playing...

Gilly
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillymonster View Post
What's the turnout to these like?
Do havoc launcher play into the picture?
I might have to consider going.

It'd be nice to relax a full pb weekend and just worry about playing...

Gilly
We have 26 players registered and are still a month off. I expect 100 give or take a few.

We had 102 registered last May. We had an emergency venue change ( to Shooters) and still had 70 plus walk ons.

Bring the Havoc. We encourage our players to bring all their toys.

I hope you can come. I always enjoy meeting more fellows from MCB.

feedback

Last edited by coyote; 04-30-2014 at 11:08 AM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast