mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   West Coast (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/west-coast/)
-   -   HPA or CO2 fills in West LA area? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/west-coast/35273-hpa-co2-fills-west-la-area.html)

SpinDoctor15 03-17-2008 11:37 AM

HPA or CO2 fills in West LA area?

I used to get my tanks filled at Ultimate Paintball in Lawndale, CA, but they closed their shop. Now, the closest place to me is I&I Sports off 110/405, which is like 20 miles from where I live (Venice Beach area). That's a long way to drive in LA traffic for some air fills.

Anyone have a good place to get air or CO2 fills locally in West LA? I have a scuba shop nearby, but I think they may require an actual license to buy equipment and fill tanks. May have to get my scuba certification...

wanderlustre 03-17-2008 12:01 PM

I think scuba certification may be a good idea. Our field no longer allows people to bring scuba tanks due to consistenly bad safety practices on the part of players.

SpinDoctor15 03-18-2008 04:35 PM

I actually completed all 10 hours/lessons for scuba when I was in college, but never ended up having time to go on the certification trip to the "local water hole." I guess I'd have to redo it all. Might cost a lot.

Any other ideas? Does anyone have any experience with local fire stations? I have one 2 blocks from my apartment. If they would allow me to do it, I would just drag my tanks down the street and fill 'er up there. Any suggestions are appreciate about dealing with the local folks. (Maybe being military would help, I could always ask!).

Shiba-Kun 03-18-2008 04:51 PM

Is Warped Sportz closer to you?

Link:
Warped Sportz LA, LA's Premier Pro Paintball Shop!

Otherwise Paintball Gateway is maybe a couple miles closer then I&I.

HurtCow 03-18-2008 04:56 PM

I get my scuba filled at the dive shop all the time, and I don't have scuba certification. Do they all require it down there where you are?

You could pick up a 20lb bulk co2 tank fairly cheaply also.

Gillymonster 03-19-2008 11:44 AM

Fills

Check with your local Ice Company.
They use CO2 for making dry ice.
I've always found they are more laxed about Certification when filling tanks.

Gilly

SpinDoctor15 03-19-2008 04:46 PM

Good suggestion! I still have to go by the local Fire station and ask them as well...

Brewtt 03-19-2008 09:58 PM

Go to your local AirGas or welding supply for CO2. Get a siphon tank. Pick up a fill station at PPS on POG Weekend :) or order/make one. They are basic. Get a digital fish scale... good to go.

For HPA... buy your SCUBA tanks online. I got mine off ebay for $175 shipped. Brand new and manufactured the month I received it. BRAND NEW.
From here:
LUXFER 80 CU.FT. NEW ALUMINUM SCUBA TANK FREE SHIPPING - eBay (item 130207340727 end time Mar-25-08 18:48:10 PDT)

For filling the SCUBA... tell the dive shop it's for paintball. They might overlook the certs. If not... fire house or welding supply may do it or have an answer.

I can show you my HPA/SCUBA and CO2 filling setups at POG Weekend if you're interested. :)

ta2maki 03-19-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewtt (Post 346990)
....For HPA... buy your SCUBA tanks online. I got mine off ebay for $175 shipped. Brand new and manufactured the month I received it. BRAND NEW.
From here:
LUXFER 80 CU.FT. NEW ALUMINUM SCUBA TANK FREE SHIPPING - eBay (item 130207340727 end time Mar-25-08 18:48:10 PDT)

Diveusa has a better price. I paid the same price and it came with a tank boot and cover. You can omit the cover and boot for less cost.

SHERWOOD 80 CU. FT. ALUMINUM SCUBA TANK

You can check the dive shop for a used tank, the one I get my tank filled at has freshly hydroed, used tanks for $80.

Too bad you're in WestLA. AA paintball in baldwin park fills hpa and co2 for a $1.

EDIT: Wasn't there an I&I in west la on the corner on sepulveda and national?

SpinDoctor15 03-19-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ta2maki (Post 347012)
EDIT: Wasn't there an I&I in west la on the corner on sepulveda and national?

Closed. Turned into a "Poker Supply" business and now that is closed too. They just can't keep a steady tenant there!