mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
HPA or CO2 fills in West LA area?

I used to get my tanks filled at Ultimate Paintball in Lawndale, CA, but they closed their shop. Now, the closest place to me is I&I Sports off 110/405, which is like 20 miles from where I live (Venice Beach area). That's a long way to drive in LA traffic for some air fills.

Anyone have a good place to get air or CO2 fills locally in West LA? I have a scuba shop nearby, but I think they may require an actual license to buy equipment and fill tanks. May have to get my scuba certification...

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to wanderlustre

I think scuba certification may be a good idea. Our field no longer allows people to bring scuba tanks due to consistenly bad safety practices on the part of players.
wanderlustre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I actually completed all 10 hours/lessons for scuba when I was in college, but never ended up having time to go on the certification trip to the "local water hole." I guess I'd have to redo it all. Might cost a lot.

Any other ideas? Does anyone have any experience with local fire stations? I have one 2 blocks from my apartment. If they would allow me to do it, I would just drag my tanks down the street and fill 'er up there. Any suggestions are appreciate about dealing with the local folks. (Maybe being military would help, I could always ask!).

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
Old 03-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is Warped Sportz closer to you?

Link:
Warped Sportz LA, LA's Premier Pro Paintball Shop!

Otherwise Paintball Gateway is maybe a couple miles closer then I&I.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I get my scuba filled at the dive shop all the time, and I don't have scuba certification. Do they all require it down there where you are?

You could pick up a 20lb bulk co2 tank fairly cheaply also.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fills

Check with your local Ice Company.
They use CO2 for making dry ice.
I've always found they are more laxed about Certification when filling tanks.

Gilly
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Good suggestion! I still have to go by the local Fire station and ask them as well...

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Old 03-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Go to your local AirGas or welding supply for CO2. Get a siphon tank. Pick up a fill station at PPS on POG Weekend or order/make one. They are basic. Get a digital fish scale... good to go.

For HPA... buy your SCUBA tanks online. I got mine off ebay for $175 shipped. Brand new and manufactured the month I received it. BRAND NEW.
From here:
LUXFER 80 CU.FT. NEW ALUMINUM SCUBA TANK FREE SHIPPING - eBay (item 130207340727 end time Mar-25-08 18:48:10 PDT)

For filling the SCUBA... tell the dive shop it's for paintball. They might overlook the certs. If not... fire house or welding supply may do it or have an answer.

I can show you my HPA/SCUBA and CO2 filling setups at POG Weekend if you're interested.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtt View Post
....For HPA... buy your SCUBA tanks online. I got mine off ebay for $175 shipped. Brand new and manufactured the month I received it. BRAND NEW.
From here:
LUXFER 80 CU.FT. NEW ALUMINUM SCUBA TANK FREE SHIPPING - eBay (item 130207340727 end time Mar-25-08 18:48:10 PDT)
Diveusa has a better price. I paid the same price and it came with a tank boot and cover. You can omit the cover and boot for less cost.

SHERWOOD 80 CU. FT. ALUMINUM SCUBA TANK

You can check the dive shop for a used tank, the one I get my tank filled at has freshly hydroed, used tanks for $80.

Too bad you're in WestLA. AA paintball in baldwin park fills hpa and co2 for a $1.

EDIT: Wasn't there an I&I in west la on the corner on sepulveda and national?

Last edited by ta2maki; 03-19-2008 at 10:33 PM.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
EDIT: Wasn't there an I&I in west la on the corner on sepulveda and national?
Closed. Turned into a "Poker Supply" business and now that is closed too. They just can't keep a steady tenant there!

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast