mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Good woodsball fields in Northrern California?

Please share your knowledge and experience.
thanks!
mfaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Northern California is large. Where are you?

You can always come play with Fatal Paint in Grass Valley most Sundays. Any Sunday we aren't playing here we are playing scenarios in Oroville or Davis or pumping at Sac Pump Day.

Fatal Paint: Bringing fatalities into paintballing in Grass Valley, Nevada City, NorCal, California.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I 2nd the above. They have a great 'renegade' field, just make sure to avoid the poison oak.

In the Sacramento area, you have 2 choices- Nfinite Edge, which is a pretty good woods field run by really great people, and Action Paintball, which is a totally freaking awesome woods field run by utter douchebags. They're both within about 2 miles of each other between Rancho Murietta and Plymouth on Hwy 16, which is southeast of Sac.

Combat Zone in Oroville is a quasi-woods field. It's great fun and as Brewtt mentioned, they host lots of scenario games.

Another option is South Tahoe. The guys up there have a great 'renegade' woods field up in the mountains. Lots of big granite boulders and trees. PM me if you want info about it.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

I live about 40 minutes south of Sacramento. My buddies and I usually play at Venture Games Paintball in Clayton, but have gotten used to the fields and want some different terrain. I'm going to have to try the ones you both suggested...other than the douchebag-run field. Good service is hugely important. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by mfaded; 04-16-2008 at 11:46 AM.
mfaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I love that field. Since you're used to climbing hills, try out Nfnite Edge. It's got some pretty steep hills but it's fun once you get to the top. It also has a couple speedball fields, one of which is on a hillside.

APG is 700 acres of varied terrain and structures, as good as woods gets. The locals wish that the Nfnite people would take over that field. The staff are a bunch of hostile dickwads who don't care if their customers have a good time or not. They stand around yapping between rounds while people wait in the parking lot for them to get around to starting the next game.

And there's always the Sac Pump Day field. It's in Clarksburg, south of Sac in the Delta. Last Sunday of every month.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

APG is worth trying once I think. I really miss that place. It is the best woodsball I've ever played!!!! Just don't mess with or talk back to the people that run things and you should be alright. It is the best around as far as terrain goes...
E-Blazer #2567
Blazer #819
Typhoon #640
Cherry Pyre #38
2k Blazer #2114D
Lori Series Blazer #2129-SOLD
POG #1028
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

California Border / Tahoe Reno Games & APG

Hey guys, I play at APG every 6 weeks or so with friends in Ione and I've never had a problem. We always get 8 games in each day, there is always 35+ people out there and the fields are the best. There games last a max of 15 mins each and yes sometimes we are in the parking lot too long, but I've never had a day that I didn't get 8 games in, last three times I think we had 10 games.

I've talked to Mark plenty of time, one of the owners, and he has never given me any problems. I go out there, park, pay, play paintball and talk to my friends. Seems pretty basic. Don't let the negative reviews influence you, go out and try it out first.

Also there is a group that puts on Scenario games in Dog Valley in California on the border of Nevada/Cali.

Home - played with them last week and had a blast. No fee to play.

We also have a site for Northern Nevada Paintball at nnpb.999.org where you can find other games up this way!

Have a great one!
Multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Peters field in Clarksburg ... SUNDAY
Old 04-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ive played and Venture in Clayton, nice field, good folks. The terrain is very hilly.
In Vallejo there is Paintball Jungle and Sherwood Forest. Both right next to each other, with Paintball Jungle almost twice the size of Sherwood. I like them both but on a nice Saturday expect 80 or more folks there to shoot at in the Paintball Jungle.

Now I have also been to the paintball field at Travis airbase as well. I did not play there as it was not open when I went by but it is situated on two blocks of condemed base housing. Like nothing I have ever seen before, a true urban warefare experience. I think TAW throws a few events a year there. This place looks awesome and I cannot wait to shoot it up.
Mr Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Venture is my "home" field and I love it there, but yeah, until we started putting up a few new barriers/forts last year and moving a bunch of other stuff soon, you can get used to the field playing dynamic pretty quick.

I'm slightly out of date on the sac area fields though... Paintball Sams used to be out on hwy16 near Ione.. Is that gone and now replaced by Nfinite edge? Is APG the other field that used to be south of paintball sams on Ione road? That place had great terrain!

--Joel

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » West Coast