mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
MQ2 Valve.... or not.

I'm debating putting an MQ2 valve in my olive green with black parts MINT Karnivor. I'm kind of torn about this, do I keep it stock and classic, or make it more modern. Are the benefits of the MQ2 valve really that good?
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Yes.

The settings will take a little tweaking, but it's amazing how it feels when the LPR is just having to cycle the bolt and not cock anything.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Meh, if it was the greatest thing ever, you would see more in use.

I have one in my sniper and it is neat, but no neater than a finely tuned hammer and springs and was very finicky to setup with leaking seals. It is also fairly pricy compared to a sping kit.

In the end it will still shoot 300 fps, but may be a bit smoother. Fun to play with, but for $125 it won't make you shoot farther or much faster. Good luck!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiX View Post
Meh, if it was the greatest thing ever, you would see more in use.

I have one in my sniper and it is neat, but no neater than a finely tuned hammer and springs and was very finicky to setup with leaking seals. It is also fairly pricy compared to a sping kit.

In the end it will still shoot 300 fps, but may be a bit smoother. Fun to play with, but for $125 it won't make you shoot farther or much faster. Good luck!
I would agree that on a sniper I would pass. On my Karni, it had something like 15k cycles on it and it was a jackhammer. Compared to my mech the main spring was very stiff. I got a kit and even the lightest spring wasn't much better. The ICS would also get stuck inside of the aftermarket spring causing the hammer to be inconsistently hitting the valve.

For me it was night and day...In the Karni. If you can get different spring kits I would say try that, but I can't find a spring like what was in my mech, so the MQ is a welcome addition.

I also got my MQ for $65, thanks Shawn Savage!

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
drg
Banned

I feel the opposite, there's not as much to gain with semi than pump, because semi still requires fairly high LPR to cycle quickly. I could take it or leave it with my semis.

With a pump however, you get a marked difference in feel, which makes all the differene with pumps. Way more noticeable than semi.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP