mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

My own Trilogy pro came in today. It's a trifle rough around the edges so I guess that's why it was so cheap. A back block off some other blue gun that doesn't match at all and a barrel that has a stainless back and blue aluminium front with a lightning bolt on it. And a WHOPPING BIG .690 bore on the back. The bolt is not stock either. I'm suspecting from the S on the back and the three part construction with black delrin on the front and rear with an alloy spool in the middle that it's a Shocktech. Has a spiffy 3 bore "venturi" webbing at the nose as well.

Gassed it up and it's in good tune. Whoever used it last knows their way around a cocker. There's no trigger travel stop stock so they glued a couple of small blocks onto the back of the trigger to cut down the travel a little. And it seems to be timed to a T. I'd have to put some paint through it to tell for sure.

Sort of big and heavy though. And I also didn't realize that it's a die cast body. To me the surfaces from the die casting make it look a bit cheap'ish.

It's also big enough and heavy enough that I don't see modding it into a pump either so I may just flip it to an appreciative home. Or it may turn into a project gun. Maybe I'll half block it or something like that.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Do you have photos of that barrel in your gallery? We might be able to ID it.

As for Trilogies, one of my bosses at North Shore paintball picked up a Red Trilly comp recently. Let's just say that his Russian Legion Intimidator hasn't been seen on the field since. The Trilogies are an amazing gun for the money, and outclass most mechanical STBBs. They are just as good as the Tournament guns that WGP was putting out a few years ago.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
russc, I can understand where your boss is coming from. I've enjoyed shooting my pro so much it has got me contemplating swapping my ion out for another cocker. And Railgun, I believe you said you were going to post a pic so we could revel in our silverness together.
destro7976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #34 (permalink)

A Trilogy Pro for $50? What a steal!! I got one myself to add to my Cocker collection (purchased new on Ebay for $119...and I thought I'd gotten a deal!).

I humbly disagree with the comment that Trilogy's aren't real Cockers. They are...they're just REALLY cheap, half-a$$ed Cockers that are limited by how they can be upgraded (due to REALLY cheap Brass-Eagle front pneumatics that are integrated, as opposed to being placed on a standard front-block, etc.). The Trilogy Pro is a FAR better gun than the Trilogy Sport! And I'd take a Trilogy Sport over a Spider anyday, but that's just me...a die-hard Cocker fan!

I'm very stoked for you and your find. Enjoy it, and hopefully it will inspire you to move up to the more advanced mechanical (and perhaps Electro) Cocker's..."real Cocker's" if you will...out there on the market. Ebay is a wonderful place to find them!

Take care.
AK-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

OK, here's my own bit of silver magic. Like I said it's been treated to some upgrades and mods. I have no idea why the last owner or the one before that chose to put on the blue back block unless it was to add some color or maybe the old one was lost or somehow broken or if it was to allow fitting the upgrade bolt.

The mystery barrel is also shown along with the lightning bolt on it. To me that says Psycho Ballistic since my Superbolts have those same milled markings all over them. But I'd imagine it's something else this time. The siver back is stainless as mentioned before if that helps.
Attached Images

miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Nice silver-ness railgun. I'm not familiar with the barrel though, sorry. AK-Jake I'm already considering moving onto another cocker. They are nice shootin' machines I must say. And plenty fast for my style of play. I have an ion and shoot far less paint than alot of my friends shooting mech spyders and tippmanns.
destro7976 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP