mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Mech Mini-Orracle Ponderings...

I need your imput. I've enjoyed shooting the Tilogy Pro so much that I'm pondering trading my Ion for a cocker. Maybe you can tell me why that is a good/bad idea and also looking at an Mini-Orracle in trade. What do you all think of them?... Thanks for the help. Being new to cocker I'm not too sure what to look for.
destro7976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Bones

No contest trade your Ion for an Autococker, you will not regret it.
Unless you really love your Ion.

I haven't actually shot the Mini-Orracle, but I have heard rave reviews on it.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Thank You Bones. I appreciate your opinion. I'm pretty sure you are right that I won't regret it. I was quite surprised at how quick I could fire a trilogy pro. Really made me wonder why I was wasting money on batteries to shoot any faster. And I imagine a higher end cocker can probably shoot even quicker...
Old 02-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Any mini that uses a screw in vertical adapter is going to be a lot more fragile than a regular size body cocker. Or if you can find a mini front block that has an integrated ASA vertical as part of the block then that would be nice. Otherwise I'd be looking for a regular body Oracle or other sexy block of metal. EDIT- In looking up some mini Orracle info I see they come stock with this better front block. Maybe I'll be getting one of these myself soon....

If you're looking to make this light and compact then get something for now or look at some of the halfblock conversions. The half block looses the cycling rear block and a big chunk of metal off the rear of the body to go with it. Suddenly your gun is shorter, lighter and seems even shorter because now you can put your mask up to the back of the body without getting punched in the nose or leaning on a beavertail.

Speaking of front blocks with the angled integrated ASA does anyone know where a guy could find such a thing?

EDIT: Never mind. The info was just a google away... here's one site... http://www.fuzionpaintball.com/products.asp?cat=201

An alternate to the Oracle that is a little heavier but sure looks like a nice one is the ANS X5's that are going for cheap because they seem to be liquidating their stocks. Check out ANS on ebay or look at www.ansxtreme.com . They are actually set up for use with Eblade frames that you can also get for more money. So you know they will be quick enough for mechanical.

I still like the idea of a halfblocked mini with an ASA integrated front block. There's a Psycho Ballistics Superbolt body sitting here that has some handling dings on it that has a future date with a milling machine...
miracle in some small way.........

Last edited by Railgun; 02-16-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Gen X 5s are great and they wont be heavier besides maybe the LPR weighs more than the tickler..otherwise their bodies are pretty minimalist. They are also awesome because of the way they have eyecovers and the holes to run breakbeam e2 eyes..which is just plain cool.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOCOCKER-ANS-X...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheap - non stock pneumatics and will need timing. Not bad.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Thank You for the heads up Cunha. My plans are on hold right now though because not only did I give up the B/S/T forum for lent I also gave up ebay... You don't know how bad you just tempted me with link man.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

The comforting thought is that there's lots of great deals on cockers these days. I know that I've jumped on one after the other and now I've got 4 or 5 of the things. I'm at the point where I'm going to get picky and only upgraded for something with sexy anodizing since I've got 4 that are perfectly functional.

So be patient. They'll be there waiting for you when you get back... unless I swoop in and buy them that is...
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP