Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Join Date: Nov 2009

Gas through grips and autocockers

Hey guys im relitively new to autocockers and need some help, I'm currently building a cutosm cocker froma 2000 wgp right hand feed body. I have a few friends whom have had experience with autocockers and have been helping me. But i need some help, I'm using an ANS valve and low pressure spring kit. I was just wondering if it would be possiable to run a gas through grip foregrip on it. I have no experience with autocockers and thought i would ask for advice before buying anything. I am on a limitied budget and a cp gas though foregrip is only 25$ while theyer regulators are 60$. Help would be greatly appreacited!
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
minimag03's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

You'll probably want to pick up a regulator. The low pressure springs and ANS valve aren't going to work very well (or work at all) without a regulator to bring the pressure down.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thank You, Player!
Woodenshoe's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chi-town

Or use a dual regulated tank. Centerflag used to make one, but I'm not sure they are around still. That was how I ran my STO.
Woodenshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
xero28's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008

What they said. The reason you have a low pressure spring kit is so you can run the gun on a lower pressure. Most cockers run well on around 350-400 psi. With the LP springs you might be able to get that down to under 300. But most tanks output 700-900 psi. So if you just use the gas-thru, you'll have the full pressure from the tank going to the gun and the LP springs would be worthless. It would be best to pick up a High Pressure Regulator (like a CP or something) to bring that operating pressure down to something more manageable. Just look around the BST section here, you're bound to find a good regulator for much less than $60. I've seen CP regs for around $30-40, other good ones like Bob Long Torpedos for as low as $15. Good luck.
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » The Armory » WGP

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC