mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gas through grips and autocockers

Hey guys im relitively new to autocockers and need some help, I'm currently building a cutosm cocker froma 2000 wgp right hand feed body. I have a few friends whom have had experience with autocockers and have been helping me. But i need some help, I'm using an ANS valve and low pressure spring kit. I was just wondering if it would be possiable to run a gas through grip foregrip on it. I have no experience with autocockers and thought i would ask for advice before buying anything. I am on a limitied budget and a cp gas though foregrip is only 25$ while theyer regulators are 60$. Help would be greatly appreacited!
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
You'll probably want to pick up a regulator. The low pressure springs and ANS valve aren't going to work very well (or work at all) without a regulator to bring the pressure down.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thank You, Player!

Or use a dual regulated tank. Centerflag used to make one, but I'm not sure they are around still. That was how I ran my STO.
Woodenshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What they said. The reason you have a low pressure spring kit is so you can run the gun on a lower pressure. Most cockers run well on around 350-400 psi. With the LP springs you might be able to get that down to under 300. But most tanks output 700-900 psi. So if you just use the gas-thru, you'll have the full pressure from the tank going to the gun and the LP springs would be worthless. It would be best to pick up a High Pressure Regulator (like a CP or something) to bring that operating pressure down to something more manageable. Just look around the BST section here, you're bound to find a good regulator for much less than $60. I've seen CP regs for around $30-40, other good ones like Bob Long Torpedos for as low as $15. Good luck.
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP