mcarterbrown.com

Old 03-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to killmaster Send a message via MSN to killmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Power View Post
Yes, they are.
I second the motion.

You DON'T play pump?

Playing with honor and attitude since 2001.

128Productions: Custom Graphic Design Work!

feedback
killmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to grande

I have owned five evolutions and still have two of them. Yes, they are quality shooters.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yes, excellent quality pieces! I believe mine is a first run 1994 model (as indicated by the gray backblock instead of the standard black, no stamp on the side, and a few other subtle differences). Since it's a minicocker, Belsales stamped the original serial number between the frame and the front block as well as on the p-block.

It was defintely a sweet shooter in it's original glory (stock but worked pneumatics, stock frame, etc), but it absolutely rocks now that I've upgraded the pneumatics and frame.

I'm also expecting a 1997 body from ScottieB that I'm turning into a sniper II.

Anonym
Old 03-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Class Clown

i third the motion. or is it fourthed by now?

evolutions are functionally excellent. they are of good quality and perform well. cosmetically, i think they are absolutely fantastic. subtle milling and good looks.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

yep, I have three, working on 4 and looking for 5 and 6. of my entire colelction, I feel most comfortable with the evolution trigger. Its a slightly longer then normal trigger for a high ened cocker, designed more for long term rythmic fire then then fast bursts like a BBT or P&P. Very comfortble as a backman gun. the old pre 2k evolutions were very solid and no nonsense. the evo-x's are a lot fancier but the triggers I don't find to have bene able to improve much.

And since you asked originolly, you probably at some point thought smart parts was the maker. from the 90's til 2005, SP was the sole US distributor for Belsales Evolutions. WGP acted as distributors for the Belsales Predators.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Belsales has the same quality standards Eclipse has for raw bodies surprising they are still making (re-machining WGP bodies) as Eclipse walked away from the cockers because of the poor quality and expense of WGP bodies.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

Eclipse walked away for a LOT of other ewason, not th eleast was the fact that they were dubuting the ego, and it didn't seem worthwhile to devote resources to an increasingly unfriendly competitor's product. Belsales produced Eclipses Pneumatics
Old 03-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well, I'm getting tempted to buy an Evo then. Belsales is currently in the midst of a "clearance" on all their Evo's, but the problem is, they still want $750 or so for them! Granted, while that's half of what they used to cost, that's insane pricing for a mechanical cocker! ANS is closing out all their Gen-X 5 and Gen-X E's for $275ish and $550is respectively. If I got an Evo, I'd want the Belsales 2-finger trigger...either the traditional sliding trigger with a 2-finger trigger, or the newer 2-finger hinge trigger. Problem is, Belsales doesn't make those anymore!

Further, what's the Evolution Racegun? It appears to be an Evolution with an E-Grip on it, but on some "E-Evo's" I've noticed an E-Blade, while on others, I've noticed other models of E-Grips. Are the E-Blades just ones that people have put on standard Evo's?

Being a die-hard Cocker nut, it just makes me want to cry seeing all the Cocker's die. I've got at least 30 Cockers in my collection right now, and I'd like to take that up to well over 50. I just purchased a new Karnivor, and after tweaking the trigger, changing the mode to PSP (1.10 software), and adjusting the timing settings to make it cycle faster, I'm absolutely impressed with what the Karni can do. It can hold up to my new Shocker easily! It can outshoot my Dark Angel LCD and Dark Angel IR3. My '06 Black Magic absolutely rocks as well. I love the Cocker and am fearful for what the new WGP is going to do to the greatest marker ever made.

Thanks for the insight, folks. Much appreciated.

Last edited by AK-Jake; 03-12-2007 at 08:01 AM.
AK-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Go to belsales.co.uk. They dropped the price on the Evolution by several hundred dollars a month or so ago. Now it is around $450, which is, in my opinion, a very good price for a high-quality mech cocker.

If you want a two-finger hinge rather than a slider, give Belsales an email. They should be able to hook you up.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP