mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Striker9

New cocker...not leaking any more

Just got this in today:

It leaks down the barrel when uncocked and just a bit less when cocked. I'm guessing it's the valve, but really know little about cockers. I don't have a valve tool so is there anything else I should check before I go and buy one?

Anyone know how much the grips usually go for or where I can get another pair? I was also wondering what type of pneumatics it has on it.
thanks

Last edited by Striker9; 03-12-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Striker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Where's it leaking from?

I LOVE the anno job on this marker!
AK-Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to doicomehereoften Send a message via MSN to doicomehereoften

If it's leaking down the barrel while cocked, first try dry-firing a few drops of oil through it. If that doesn't work, try increasing your input pressure. If that doesn't work, then get a valve tool and replace the valve's o-ring. If that doesn't work, replace the cupseal. And finally, if nothiing else works, put a stiffer valve spring in.
I'm really not good at writing signatures. I mean, what is it that you're really trying to do? Write something that somebody's actually going to remember, or even read? Yeah right! Nobody ever actually reads these things.
doicomehereoften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

And if that doesn't work then there's no alternative but to box it up and send it to me. I'll be sure it doesn't upset you any more by removing it from your stress causers for you.

No.... no need to thank me. I'm always ready to reach out and help my fellow man in such ways. It's a tough job taking all this stress onto my shoulders but I feel it's my duty to sacrifice myself in this manner.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Very nice looking!

And Railgun, I believe I saw a post that went something like this..."I'm done for now." That was you right?
destro7976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

As far as the pneus go, it looks like a stock 2K Sledghammer, STO/Shocktech Ram, AIM x-way switch, and a check-it/KAPP LP chamber.

Very nice cocker! I love the attention that went into some of the older guns (like the cosmetic milling on the NitroDuck 45 frame!).

And I second what everyone else is saying. The leak sounds like a dry or damaged cup seal. I'd drop several drops of oil directly into the vert ASA, reassemble, and fire a few shots of just air through it to see if it quits. Otherwise, you'll need to take the valve out and replace the cupseal or the valve (sometimes cheaper!).

Are you trying it with a regulator? If so, you may try increasing the pressure as some of the older set-ups had harder mainsprings that would keep the valve open a bit if the pressure was too low in the valve chamber.

Anonym
Old 03-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Striker9

I finally got my hands on a valve tool. When I took it out it looked like the valve o-ring wasn't set in it's groove, it was also chewed up a bit. I replaced that and it's working good now. Thanks for the help. I'm debating whether or not to try a pump kit on it.
Striker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Very nice looking!

And Railgun, I believe I saw a post that went something like this..."I'm done for now." That was you right?
Yes that was me. But that was about me BUYING stuff. I'm still off my buying.

But this is about extending a helping hand to another paintballer in dire need and snatching the cause of his turmoil from his grasp so that he can be free of the stress and suffering that comes from an untunable or unrepairable paintball gun. I've seen what this type of stress can lead to and it is NOT pretty. I'm only offering to accept this deamon in alloy form from him to save his wife/girlfriend, children within earshot and stray dogs from the ire brought on by the angst of having a marker that has been curse'ed by Beellzebub himself....

... I'm such a saint sometimes that I even bring a tear to my own eye.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker9 View Post
I finally got my hands on a valve tool. When I took it out it looked like the valve o-ring wasn't set in it's groove, it was also chewed up a bit. I replaced that and it's working good now. Thanks for the help. I'm debating whether or not to try a pump kit on it.
DAMN! So much for getting a nice one for free....

Glad you worked it out. That's one sexy bit of metal you got there. The beauty about cockers is that you can switch from pump to semi relatively easily and enjoy it in both forms.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Man...I just got done explaining to these muppets at my field, the importance of oiling there ****. A couple told me that someone online(ie PBnats) told them not to ever oil there guns! Anyways to make a long story short I fixed this kids barrel leak with some much needed oil and they looked at me like I was a freakin magician. I swear, I love to play with some of these kids, but they need to learn to take care of there crap.

So I say just drop several drops of oil in the vert asa and fire it a couple hundred times adding oil as needed. It may get messy, but it will be good and lubed for several outings.
Big Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP