mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

blue/silver splash anno autococker

I was at my local field last Saturday and the owner had put this up for sale. He said someone had him work on it several years ago but never came back for it.So i picked it up for the cost of parts and labor. I was wondering if this is a plain autococker or made by some other company since i have no experience with older body autocockers. The serial# is 21124.Any info would be great.

tenchustealthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Pretty sure it's an old Evolution.
xero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hmm, it must be a really old evolution (pre-97), because I have a 1997 evolution exactly like this and the back block/body is slightly different....This is a real relic, don't sell it!

My YouTube Channel with Shocker Turbo Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingAcqu...s?feature=mhee

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post734946
KingAcquisitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Im pretty sure its a one off custom. The shroud is from a 97-99 cocker and the backblock is an STO block from the same time. The body itself is alot older. I think it reads 21124? If so thats a 95 with the site rail rounded. I have an EVO with serial number 21101 and it looks like a standard EVO.
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the info everyone. Now that I have a good autococker with nice ano I will most likely never part with it.So far the only issues I have with it is the 3-way isn't screwed all the way into the front block(not a biggie since its only about a turn and its timed well in its current state), and the second is the hammer lug will not break free. Not a big deal but any suggestions on breaking it free without breaking my allen wrench,stripping the lug, or tearing up the body? Once again thanks for the help.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
autococker-Fred Schultz signature series - PbNation

That looks like the same type of milling. Anyone know anything about Fred Schultz autocockers?
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

wow you're right. Mine has the same beavertail but I took it off and put it away cause the plating was chipping so I replaced it with another I had( but I always keep original stuff for my guns). Same front block but the ram, and 3-way have been replaced at some point in the past.Thanks for the info.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I wish I could tell you more about them. I'm sure someone around here knows the story about them though. How much did you pick it up for?
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchustealthx View Post
So far the only issues I have with it is the 3-way isn't screwed all the way into the front block(not a biggie since its only about a turn and its timed well in its current state), and the second is the hammer lug will not break free. Not a big deal but any suggestions on breaking it free without breaking my allen wrench,stripping the lug, or tearing up the body? Once again thanks for the help.
The 3 way shouldn't be threaded all the way in, it should float just a little in order to minimise wear on the rings.

Take off the frame and take a torch to the bottom of the hammer. I generally hold the body with a cold, wet rag near the valve side to keep from overheating them. Probably lok-tighted, which I do to most of my sear lugs and pump rids to keep it from coming out of time every time you play.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

I got it for 125 which I thought was a great deal cause I love older splash ano autocockers and always wanted one but they usually out of my price range when I see them.

@punkncat - I'll try using a small really fine pin torch to heat it up and try that if i need to(its timed great but could be a little earlier firing in the pull) and also i'll leave the 3-way alone for now also for said reason.

The plated barrel,bolt,and beavertail were all starting to chip/flake off. I will replace them to make it look/operate(bolt rough enough to cause some drag) better but I will keep them just have everything that seems to be original to the gun if it is indeed a Fred Schultz series like in the link.

Last edited by tenchustealthx; 09-21-2010 at 09:01 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP