Old 05-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Railgun View Post

It's a PB Superbolt converted to single trigger. The LPR and cocking rod is currently set so that the end of the bolt is just a hair behind the back edge of the feedneck when the trigger is held back.
Thats your problem right there. The bolt should only look like that when the gun is NOT gassed up. When you gas up the gun and fire, holding the trigger in the back position, you should not see nor be able to feel the bolt when it is in the full back position. Now if you have small fingers or a shorter feedneck you may be able to fell to bolt, but I cant on my CCM Series 5.

To setup the bolt correctly, adjust the back block so that it is not touching the back of the receiver when the ram is in the fully forward position. Just a couple pieces of paper width between the block and the receiver.

Put the bolt back in, cock the gun(no air) and slide the backblock back till it rest against the cocking rod. At this point you will observe the bolt clearance at the feedport. You should see just a smidgen of the bolt, say between 1/16 to 1/32 of an inch sticking out. To much bolt and you will miss feed and chop and to little bolt and you may not seal the breach well and you will experience some blowback up the feedport.

Speaking of blowback, that too could partially explain your chopping, but not at low rates of fire.

Hope this helps,

Big Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
I have a Phantom
Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

Sound like a timing problem, try lengthen you timing rod coupler by a couple of threads and re-adjust your LPR a bit might help as well.
$$$ trumps dibs every single time!!!

MCB Feedback
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think I got the problem licked a couple of weeks ago. It seems that my wire barrel detent mod to prevent rollouts was the culprit. At least a lighter guage wire along with some more careful fitting seems to have cured the chopping. I managed to get through more than two full hoppers worth with only one chop from what I know was a short stroke that I did ( I knew I screwed up even before I saw the spray come out).

It seems that not only did I use too heavy a guage of wire but I had not allowed for it to be able to fully flex out flush with the surface of the inner barrel surface.
I had a "Paintball God" moment once.
Like Al Bundy's Polk High football moment I live on
for the slim chance of repeating that one time
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » The Armory » WGP