mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   WGP (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/)
-   -   Slider mods (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/wgp/17909-slider-mods.html)

Match 06-22-2007 02:33 PM

Slider mods

Hey guys I've been searching for both forum posts here on MCB and websites on the internet that cover modifying the slider trigger frame. Things such as polishing the sear, adding trigger stops, etc. Is there a website or a post on here that covers these different mods?

Thanks guys

russc 06-22-2007 03:08 PM

Here's a good article on sliders.

Making a 1.5 mm Trigger pull on a Slider - Custom Cockers Forum

First of all, what frame are you using? It makes a difference in what you can do.

Match 06-22-2007 03:43 PM

I'm getting ready to build a sniper and the frame I'm using is a stock WGP slider.

B 06-22-2007 04:11 PM

polishing a hardened sear you will need a set of oil stones ( machinests use theses for finish) Most of the stuff is straight ahead common mechanical ther never has been much on how too's.

Railgun 06-23-2007 08:17 PM

If you're making a sniper then all you need is a travel stop and perhaps polish the ramp on the trigger plate and the rubbing point of the sear if it's needed. MOst of the time these surfaces are already quite smooth and polished. A spot that isn't often thought about is point of the sear and the end of the hammer lug. Those should also be polished to a mirror shine and the corner of the hammer lug slightly rounded over by this polishing.

A set of oil or water stones will do a lovely job of the inititial polishing and if you have an 8000 grit water stone then it'll leave a mirror like finish. Otherwise an oil stone and then finish with 600 wet or dry used with a bit of oil then work up to 1000 grit and then the BACK of the 1000 grit paper (it is quite abrasive but smoother than the front) and finish it with some mag wheel or chrome polish used on some file card like paper. By this time you should be able to easily see your reflection in the surface or sear and lug ends.

maddsplater 06-26-2007 12:34 AM

is the frame plastic or metal??? if its plastic i would avoid it at all costs,and scratch up some cashola and buy anything else(as long as it isnt plastic/composit material) literally any thing!

Wycke 06-29-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddsplater (Post 168981)
is the frame plastic or metal??? if its plastic i would avoid it at all costs,and scratch up some cashola and buy anything else(as long as it isnt plastic/composit material) literally any thing!

Actually, the stock WGP composite frames (the older, single-hole-grip-panel style) are actually my favorite frame ever. They're surprisingly durable, cheap (so if they do wear out, they're easy to replace), and easily modifiable (adding set screws, etc). The newer 45-style frames are among the crappiest frames around. The material is entirely different from the older style frames and is a fairly brittle plastic. They're thick enough that the brittleness doesn't really matter that much, but one good WHACK against a hard surface (not intentional, of course) can crack it clean in half.

sdlm 06-29-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wycke (Post 171038)
Actually, the stock WGP composite frames (the older, single-hole-grip-panel style) are actually my favorite frame ever. They're surprisingly durable, cheap (so if they do wear out, they're easy to replace), and easily modifiable (adding set screws, etc). The newer 45-style frames are among the crappiest frames around. The material is entirely different from the older style frames and is a fairly brittle plastic. They're thick enough that the brittleness doesn't really matter that much, but one good WHACK against a hard surface (not intentional, of course) can crack it clean in half.

I agree, I switch between that and my frame that has polished internals and set screws to take out slop. I like the both, gives a completely different feel.

That and you can occasionaly find single hole wood grips that are comfy for very cheap since there are only a few markers it will fit.