mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #51 (permalink)

your brother tells someone you're good with cockers so they give you one that "needs timing" and tell you to bring it back next time, you realise that what it actually needs is the frame screwing on properly, then you hear a tiny hiss when you air it up, so you reach for the washing up liquid to find out exactly where the leak is, two hours later your index finger hurts too much to type with and you've got cramp in your thumb and still have another hose and top hat to get on and you're wondering if the people that worked in the factory had tiiny fingers or special tools (guess what I've been doing tonight).
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #52 (permalink)

...when you have mastered the ability to grab pneumatic hose in your teeth and pull it off.
Kanadian-Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

you guys are not inspiring confidence in my latest acquisition of an old autococker that needs some teching, my first... At least my mags and pumps work reliably.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #54 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
your brother tells someone you're good with cockers so they give you one that "needs timing" and tell you to bring it back next time, you realise that what it actually needs is the frame screwing on properly, then you hear a tiny hiss when you air it up, so you reach for the washing up liquid to find out exactly where the leak is, two hours later your index finger hurts too much to type with and you've got cramp in your thumb and still have another hose and top hat to get on and you're wondering if the people that worked in the factory had tiiny fingers or special tools (guess what I've been doing tonight).
paper towels. seriously. it's super duper easy (well, comparatively, at least) to get the hoses on when you grip 'em with paper towels.
Riddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #55 (permalink)

thanks Riddler, just figured that out before logging on here just now, aired up, no leaks 200 test shots through it, sodding grub screw that holds the actuating collar to the timing rod works loose, try to tighten it up and realise somebody's managed to round out the grub screw, the only part not in my spares box, damn damn damn!

This is when you know you shoot an autococker.
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #56 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Lols. Yes; stupid grub screw. I've never had to look for one, but it may be hard to find a replacement without buying another collar. Good luck!
Riddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #57 (permalink)

Check the hardware store. I have found them there...

MCB Feedback
CC Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by karni-collector View Post
The Cocker Bug is by far worse than bed bugs, instead of sucking your blood it sucks your wallet and bank account dry
Sinisterways90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
MCB Member

Talking Standard size WGP Autococker timing set screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
thanks Riddler, just figured that out before logging on here just now, aired up, no leaks 200 test shots through it, sodding grub screw that holds the actuating collar to the timing rod works loose, try to tighten it up and realise somebody's managed to round out the grub screw, the only part not in my spares box, damn damn damn!

This is when you know you shoot an autococker.
#6-32 x 1/8" Black Oxide Alloy Steel Cup Point Socket Set Screw | Fastenal

The guys at the local store know me as "the paintball guy" and I know them collectively as my saviors.

"Captain, they have us surrounded!" "Excellent, now we can fire on all directions!"
LGswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #59 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Little resurrection.

When the guy at air station calls your 2k cocker a dinosaur. seriously its only 12yrs old. My sl-68II is old.

When the guy I met at the scenario who was toting some electro all day would play with his 2k2 cocker because he didn't want to lug something that heavy around. Mine didn't bother me.

When the his younger brother commented on how cool my cocker is when firing. shashick, shashick, shashick. "Yeah I know right" shashick, shashick, shashick

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #60 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

When you look in your hand, and see an autococker.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP