mcarterbrown.com

Old 08-17-2007, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
AKA Baby Ollie

Send a message via AIM to Marmaduke

LPR setting on an E-'Cocker?

I picked up my dad a SuperStocker with the SF frame for his birthday in the ANS sale. It came in the mail on Tuesday and last night, I took it to the field to "make sure it worked". I didn't plan on playing with it at all...

So I get to the field and air up the marker. Well, it wasn't cocking. Me being a Blazer owner, I think that the LPR needs to be turned up a little. I turned up the LPR and it started hissing. Turning it down a little stopped the hissing so I'm assuming that was just an overpressure relief valve going. I tried firing the marker again but that didn't fix it.

I took the marker up to the counter and asked our Gun Tech/my manager if he knew what the problem was. Apparently the sear needed to be raised which took him all of five seconds to fix.

Well, the marker is working but I'm a little worried about the LPR. Is there a certain way it needs to be set? I would do it like the Blazer but with the SF frame, the marker cycles completely on the pull of the trigger.

Anyone know how that thing is supposed to be set?

Thanks in advance!

-Marmaduke
A5OG Feedback 12/0/0
eBay Feedback 5/0/0
Marmaduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm pretty sure you have to set that on the board software. Is there an LCD screen or anything?

I ball for Team Fracture
B&E Paintball --- Wild World Paintball
pizzaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I don't have an electro cocker but I saw some references to a "classic" or "mechanical" mode where the trigger works like a mech cocker and the back block stays back until you release the trigger.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I just got a cocker with the SF frame. If the eyes are on and there is no paint sensed, it shoots really, really goofy because it has a feature that allows you to continue to fire at a reduced rate if your eyes are fowled. The cocking/loading sequence is really slow to avoid chops and it makes it look like the marker is out of time. It is completely normal. Turn the eyes off and test it that way.

Setting the LPR is the same as any other Cocker. Turn it down until it won't cock, turn it up until it does and then give it a quarter to half turn more so it cycles reliably. If Dad likes to shoot super fast a lot, he may need a little more LPR pressure to keep the cycle speed fast.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

the LPr on a cocker should be turned up enough so the upper bolt clears the breach, most of us like to set it where you can just barely see the bolt if you are looking straight into the breach

typically 1mm or so of the bolt sticking into the breach (with the back block cocked back - this is where your LPR needs to be set at, & as mentioned... usually we'll give it another 1/4 turn more for good measure

hope this helps you
chrisshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisshanks View Post
the LPr on a cocker should be turned up enough so the upper bolt clears the breach, most of us like to set it where you can just barely see the bolt if you are looking straight into the breach

typically 1mm or so of the bolt sticking into the breach (with the back block cocked back - this is where your LPR needs to be set at, & as mentioned... usually we'll give it another 1/4 turn more for good measure

hope this helps you
I forgot about that part but with the SF frame there is no "classic" mode that allows you to hold the backblock back by not releasing the trigger. So it's really tough to get an idea of where the bolt is in relation to the feedneck edge because every pull of the trigger is one complete firing/cocking cycle whether you hold the trigger in or not.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You could hold the backblock back by pressing the override button on the solenoid.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Turn the LPR down slowly to the point where the gun will not cock and fire at correct velocity (tune it at a chrono)

The gun should reach a max velocity and then level off (LPR is not a velocity adjustment tool)

So, turn it down till it stops shooting correctly and then turn it up

or, turn it up until it shoots correctly, and then turn it up

The turning up is to compensate for higher rates of fire where the regulators may not be able to flow enough..you need the gun to keep cocking.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to grande

Cuncha pretty much nailed it, turn it down to the point when its not firing anymore, then find the point where it fires and add about a quarter turn.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP