mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

Dirk Gadberry cockers?

I was curious i anyone had some good pics of Dirk Gadberry's work. Only picture I've found is the one in the Dec 96 gun roundup in apg.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

If anyone had info, it would be Dirk or you, wolf.

This is what happens when you know/own too much, it gets less exciting :P

aqua_scummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

lol, I really really hope thats not the case. luckily, there always seems to be somebody that knows something, just not always when i'm looking for it.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've got a production picture Dirk sent me back in '95-'96 I believe and it was the gun I ended up purchasing from him then sold it on PBC back in 2000 if memory serves me correct. I'll try and get it scanned and post here at some point tomorrow.
WGPKlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_scummm View Post
If anyone had info, it would be Dirk or you, wolf.

This is what happens when you know/own too much, it gets less exciting :P
lol I don't think Wolf knew anything about a Vu (Desert Fox Paintball) Cocker I posted about waaaaaaaaaay back in the day on RSP I believe? after I offered it up for sale. I've had some off the wall cockers in my 17yrs of owning WGP's, anyone remember the GBD cockers?? I had one..lol
Old 09-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

hmm, don't recall it, but i'd know as much then as I know now about it as I did then, which is nothing. Now you're going to have me looking for info on vu cockers now. As far as GBD goes, wasn't that Good, Bad, and deadly? and other that, i got nothing. yep, you stumped me, now post some pics Seriously though, anyone who claims they know everything is trying to sell you something. I know a lot more then i did, but there were so many small shops theres always going to be a lot only a handful of people know about, and it only gets smaller as time goes by.

Anyway, post all the pics you want, I'll appreciate them.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

I knew Vu from back in the day when I worked for Foxhunters, crazy little guy. He did some very nice cocker work.

Truth be know about half of the guns done by Danny Love when he first started out were done bu Vu. Danny would get swamped with work and fly Vu out to get him caught up. If I remember right Danny and Vu played together on Tour de Force.
TornadoAlley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Try the "AskFirepro" thread... Tim's got a massive cocker collection (70+ markers, no two alike) and probably has, or has had, one of Dirks cockers.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post
hmm, don't recall it, but i'd know as much then as I know now about it as I did then, which is nothing. Now you're going to have me looking for info on vu cockers now. As far as GBD goes, wasn't that Good, Bad, and deadly? and other that, i got nothing. yep, you stumped me, now post some pics Seriously though, anyone who claims they know everything is trying to sell you something. I know a lot more then i did, but there were so many small shops theres always going to be a lot only a handful of people know about, and it only gets smaller as time goes by.

Anyway, post all the pics you want, I'll appreciate them.
Wolf

As mentioned, I'll scan the pic of the "Innovative Manufacturing Cocker" aka Dirk Cocker and post it tomorrow. Upon digging the pic out, I didn't have this particular one, I had a black/silver splashed (exactly the same configuration as the one pictured, minus the awful drop..lol) As far as the GBD cockers, they really werent anything special, if I recall correclty, Bud essentially milled the "GBD" in the side of a few bodies for Glen, and they had the big brass rock, polished ram and 3way, and the Air America Expansion chamber with hardline, and a palmers barrel.

Regarding Vu's guns, he made some nice minis as a matter of fact Poopys team used a couple back during the DC Cup then all became traitors and switched to all mags..lol Vu actually schooled Danny in cocker tweaking, well actually they fed off each other, but I believe Vu went a bit further quicker.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
I knew Vu from back in the day when I worked for Foxhunters, crazy little guy. He did some very nice cocker work.

Truth be know about half of the guns done by Danny Love when he first started out were done bu Vu. Danny would get swamped with work and fly Vu out to get him caught up. If I remember right Danny and Vu played together on Tour de Force.
Yes...Vu actually did alot of the machining for a while on alot of the BBT guns, and did in fact help build many when Danny got behind. Danny and Vu also played together for a short while on Shock.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP