mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

What did I just buy?

Just bought my first autococker, and I hope to turn it into pump. Unfortunately, it was an impulse purchase, and I was not able to identify it with the autococker body guide.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Does anyone know:
1. What is this type of autococker?
2. Is there an owners manual online?
3. What type of pump conversion kit would suit this model? Would it require more modifications that would require a machine shop? Any other suggestions?
4. I am probably $65 into this project already. Was this autococker worth $65? It is in almost new condition.

Thank you mcb. My only paintball experience is with Phantoms.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
Looks like a Trilogy, not sure on the sub-type.
Not sure on the pump type but i had one on a trilogy and it didn't take any modification.
$65 is what they go for here so its not a bad deal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns1000 View Post
You have a president a monkey, without brains.
He can't understand that Russia, the strongest and cleverest country in the world.

Last edited by volunteer paintball; 10-19-2012 at 10:23 PM.
volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That's a Trilogy Pro Autococker, a step up from the basic Trilogy Sport because it has a HPR.
You need a pump kit specifically made for Trilogies.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Thank you guys. I just found this outdated website
Bulldog Paintball - WGP Trilogy Series Autococker
Newbie question: What is an HPR?
Old 10-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Another question. Will this run on CO2 or is it better to use compressed air? Will this work right out of the box without a pump kit or does it need adjusting?
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

High Pressure Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Whoa those prices are pretty ridiculous...
A HPR is a High Pressure Regulator, that's the silver phallic shaped thing your braided hose goes into (from the ASA and tank) and it decreases the pressure down to a range such that your autococker will work.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Another question. Will this run on CO2 or is it better to use compressed air? Will this work right out of the box without a pump kit or does it need adjusting?
It will work with CO2 but compressed air is recommended. CO2 is actually a liquid in the bottle. Sometimes that liquid gets in the gun and causes spikes in the pressure, which can mess with the gun. It's also harsh on o-rings. I'd suggest using CO2 until you can find a nice used compressed air tank in the b/s/t. Just make sure the "hydro date" on the tank still has a reasonable amount of time left, or you'll have to have it hydrotested by someone.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sidewinder Hoarder

If you use co2 get your local shop to set it up on your gun with an anti-siphon tube (and make sure they explain how it works to you!). And a/s setup will prevent liquid co2 from getting into the gun, helping to prevent premature wear on o-rings/seals and will help keeping velocity consistent. Consistency not necessarily as good as hpa, but if you're using it as a pump gun and have the inline reg as you do, this doesn't really matter. Besides consistency, which isn't a big issue for you given your use of the gun (again, as a pump), co2 has some benefits over hpa (i.e. higher shot count to size of tank ratio).

Unless you already have an hpa tank you're going to use, I'd suggest running co2 if it's cheap and accessible to you. Like I said, just get your co2 and gun setup with an anti-siphon tube.

Oh, and btw, if you want to get rid of the reg and run the gun straight on co2 (at normal temps the pressure will be 700-900psi), you should get a low turbulence high pressure trilogy valve from palmer pursuit shop. With less parts, there is less to cause potential problems. Not a big issue for you, again, because you're using it as a pump, but it is something to consider (plus with the hp lt valve you can mount your tank vertically, in which case you should not use an anti-siphon setup because the tank's vertical position will prevent liquid from getting into the gun anyways).

at the end of the day, if I were you, I'd run it as stock with a trilogy pump kit and the anti-siphon setup on a co2/asa, continuing to use the stock or upgraded inline reg.

Last edited by toymachine; 10-21-2012 at 10:59 PM.
toymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
Oh, and btw, if you want to get rid of the reg and run the gun straight on co2 (at normal temps the pressure will be 700-900psi), you should get a low turbulence high pressure trilogy valve from palmer pursuit shop. With less parts, there is less to cause potential problems. Not a big issue for you, again, because you're using it as a pump, but it is something to consider (plus with the hp lt valve you can mount your tank vertically, in which case you should not use an anti-siphon setup because the tank's vertical position will prevent liquid from getting into the gun anyways).
thank you for all of the advice about CO2. I run a phantom with vertical air and a 4oz tank. Are you saying that I could do the same with this marker if I bought the trilogy valve? I also use a stock on my phantom, could I get a stock to work with this trilogy?

Last edited by jellyghost; 10-22-2012 at 09:36 AM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP