mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ken448

Orracle 3 way.. stumped...

Not new to cockers, but having an issue with my cocker:

Gun runs fine for a little bit, then the 3 way starts resisting the trigger stroke for some reason (gets stuck on the return stroke leaving the bolt open)

Known mod: 3 Way didnt come with a shaft, so I am using a stock shaft that I shortened.

Timing is dead on, pull is short (ish) but no matter how the pull is set or 3 way adjusted, I cannot get it to run a whole day without some tinkering on my part. 3 way O Rings are also new. When I replace the red front block for a green one, I will be installing a stock 3 way to see if the problem persists.

Anyone have any suggestions? I WAS having an issue with the Timing rod walking around when I shot left handed (gun tilted to right) so, I put in a retainer of sorts to keep it in line at all times.

One more thing to add.. Gun has a MP4 Ram on it

Last edited by Ken448; 11-06-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Ken448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I had to stiffen the sear spring in my Eclipse hinge to get it to stop sticking. There had been a bit of flaking in the actuating rod hole and the flaking material was creating enough of a bump to gum up the works.

A quick touch with a jeweler's file solved it. But make sure you do the obvious first.

Front block straight? Trigger frame straight? Any rods bent (especially the three way shaft itself)? How clean are the internals of the frame itself?
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Everything is straight, gun is essentially spotless. Weird thing is it works great for a bit, then starts sticking.. Kind of wondering if its a ram/qev issue rather than a 3 way issue. I do have a STO Ram I can throw on it as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I second the sear spring suggestion.

A ton of older frames are either modified for lighter pulls by pump players, or have a bunch of grime in them that prevents a strong return.

Shim up the sear return spring and it'll fix the issue.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
Everything is straight, gun is essentially spotless. Weird thing is it works great for a bit, then starts sticking.. Kind of wondering if its a ram/qev issue rather than a 3 way issue. I do have a STO Ram I can throw on it as well.
Hmm... How're the set screws on your actuating collar? Maybe the front one is a touch loose.

Check for any areas that contact eachother. If the actuating collar has a lot of left-right movement, you can put a three way oring on it to shore it up to the frame.

The ram is secondary to the three way, and is generally fairly fail safe. It's either on or off, while the three way has an array of adjustments and what not.

Oh, had a kid one time with a sticking frame and his sear spring was a bit overextended and it had a sort of hiccup as the spring was binding in the frame. Sort of like when you twist a slinky.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

My orracle had the same issue. The orracle 3 way is adjustable from the front, I had to mess with mine a little bit to get it working.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Are you sure the stem you modified is 100% straight? Those brass stems are very easy to bend, it's happened to me more than a few times. That could be the problem if it isn't the sear spring.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well... I changed out the 3 way with a stocker.. Bummer as I lost a couple colors. BUT Running like a champ now. Looks like I am on the hunt for a new shaft for my orracle.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I might have one sitting around if you cannot find any. PBgateway has them for $7.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

yah I saw them there. Sadly, they want $6.50 to ship it too

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP