mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

New (to me) Pre2k RF STO

So I picked up this Pre2k Right Feed STO. I haven't seen another right feed like it, just a bunch of vert feeds. It came with stock internals and a Pure Energy Inline Regulator. So my plan is to make it a Horizontal Fed Sniper also using my AGD Micro-CA II stock.

I haven't ran it with paint yet, just aired and cycled so far. Currently the PE Inline Reg leaks, plan on replacing that. Pump arm has a lot of twist, any way to remedy this?

Also trying to figure the best way to run 12 grams with the Micro II stock. Should I run a macro line straight to the body? Change internals and regulate it via Palmer Stab? or a Gas Through Grip?

This is how it came

How it currently sits

Xklamationxix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
That STO caught my eye as well, but the seller attitude stopped me from pursuing it. I'm glad someone here was able to get it from him and back here where it belongs .

As far as twist in your pump arms, several companies make a piece that attaches to the pump guide rod and around the pump arm to straighten the stroke out. They are similar to the CCM econo kits. I think they are around $10-$15.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Weird! Never saw a side feed STO before.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

@minimag03 - it was a mission to get the STO to me!

Just ordered a Universal Gat Guide, hopefully this will fix the pump arm twist.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

weird place to ask, I guess but I've been curious. Is it possible to just stick a 10rd tube into the feedneck and use it like a temporary loader? lol.

I think it'd be a nice way to play. Small profile, easy reload... unique haha. I'd buy a side feed cocker for that!
Patar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

@patar, not sure what you mean? as in 10rd tube straight into the Right Feed? That won't work due to the hole in the feedneck being a bit to small.

As a side note, got the Universal Gat Guide installed. Works Great!! Definitely fixed the pump arm twist. Highly recommended

Also got this aluminum stock class one piece feed in. Haven't gotten it installed yet, hopefully before the New Year if the building engineers at work are available. Did a quick mock up to check the length, works as a beavertail!

As far as setup goes. Leaning towards; stock pre2k valve, unregged with macro line going from the bottomline straight to the body, and still using the AGD Micro-CA II. Anyone have input and/or suggestions?
Old 12-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xklamationxix View Post
Also got this aluminum stock class one piece feed in. Haven't gotten it installed yet, hopefully before the New Year if the building engineers at work are available. Did a quick mock up to check the length, works as a beavertail!
Unless it mounts under the body it doesnt work as a beaver tail. The tail was there to prevent people from thumbing the cocking rod and making the gun shoot hot by pressing on it. It was not designed so you dont smack yourself in the face. That is why pre97 did not have a tail. Bob Long put a cage on his custom autocockers backblock to make them tourny legal.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

@Darkapollo, ahhh ic, totally didn't know that! Thanks!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Your STO should have had a factory tail though since it was the WGP entry to tourny guns.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

ah yeah, I meant just like a cram n jam basically. I saw it on an old school cocker once and kinda wanted to do something similar. The marker's looking great so far man

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP