mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Put them so they are on the bottom of the ram. This is how I have them setup on mine.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Installing rams with qevs, an lpc, and certain lprs on certain front blocks can be a logistical nightmare at first if not planned out correctly. I've done that set up a few times, and tonight actually. Starting with an empty front block, I install the 3 way first. I don't thread the 3 way all the way in and leave some length so I have extra room to time the cocker. I thread it in about 90%.

I then pre attach extra long pneumatic hoses on the qevs and the lpr before mounting them on the front block. I mount the ram with qevs and pump arm after the 3 way. The hosing is already attached for easy install, so mount the ram with the qevs out of the way.

I finally mount the lpr so that the hose fitting clears the lpc, and the hose is already in place on the lpr fitting. The hoses may need to be moved/bent to clear the ram/lpr as you turn them.

I screw in the lpc last and then attach all hoses to the 3 way. I'll post pics of my set ups later today when I get home from work.

mcb feedback
Customcockers.com feedback
Mostly mechanical autocockers
paintballedbackin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Perfect pics kaos and BL75, I'm thinking I need a different Lpc, my current one extends farther than the one pictured and the qev mounts on the side of my free flow not the end only allowing me to turn the ram outwards and use miles of hose to reach the 3 way. Since its a mech setup I guess a qev isn't really necessary correct? Thanks for all the help and sorry for the silly questions I'm just getting back into pball and things have changed a lot since 03 so I'm playing catch up.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Qevs won't make a noticeable performance difference with mech sliders and hinges, but they may have a subjective impact on the cycling action and feel. I think mechs with qevs tend to feel crisp and snappy. My mechs without qevs feel more smooth and soft. Some guys like qevs on mechs, some don't. Some guys just like the aesthetics of mechs with qevs. I like them when done well.

mcb feedback
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I do have an ANS LPC on mine. If the QEVs mount like mine are, on the side of the ram, you should be able to wrap the hoses around the LPC. I can get you some more pictures showing what I mean. You just have to play around with how everything is mounted.

I put the 3 way on the front block first, then the ram then the LPR. Sometimes you may have to take the fitting of the LPR before you can screw it in. I just leave enough room for the LPC to pass through.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
uncanny

AKA Fan
Here are the pics of my mechs with qevs

mcb feedback

Last edited by paintballedbackin88; 02-01-2013 at 03:06 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP