mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
not your average redneck

The small hole in the back behind the feedneck is for adjusting the hammer lug. You have to pull the bolt back slightly (if there is a corresponding hole in the bolt) or remove the bolt and stick an allen key down to adjust it
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Aces and eights

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxjagracer View Post
Ive never used any other high quality gun like this in the field. I always thought the way this drop-forward balanced the weight was nice. Is it a matter of preference? Or will I really feel the difference if I ditch the drop forward?
The first constant air guns had bottles mounted under the stock (California-style hand valve constant air). Then back bottle guns became popular (Tippmann SMGs). Then bottom line was the way to go, and at some point stocks went out of fashion. For a brief period, vertical bottle was a popular choice (Minicocker, Minimag, Mini-lite were all vertical). I have no idea where Hawaiian-style fits in the timeline, but some people mount the ASA facing forward.Then for awhile any decent gun had a drop forward mount. Now, with hose-less designs, we're back to bottom line, only you need a fancy rail and on/off ASA or your gun is crap.

They're all fads. Do what feels best; not the same set-up works for every person or gun. For what it's worth, the drop fits with what was popular when this gun was king.

And don't confuse "old" or "vintage" with "obsolete." The only obsolete paintball gear that I can think of are Uvex goggles, half masks, and barrel plugs.
Feedback
Axel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Pushin 30...

^ Thanks Axel. And everyone else. I think I finally figured out what kind of cocker it is...

Googling it (took forever through pictures) It seems to be an IAO LE Black Magic??

Last edited by mxjagracer; 02-01-2013 at 06:50 PM.
mxjagracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

That's right! My e-buddy had one once in red/white/blue. IAO LE.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Pushin 30...

Just got a reply back from a guy here on the thread. He had one, and sold it. He said that they were only sold at one tournament out in PA. So they are very limited quantity, and they were sold as bodies only. Crazy thing about that, is that I bought mine while I was on in British Columbia, Canada!! opposite side of North American. INSANE!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #26 (permalink)

The only thing Im not feeling is the ANS frame. Ive never liked the look of the wavy guard.
Other than that. It looks GOOOOOD and I know a thing or two about race frames...
Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Pushin 30...

I'm gonna have to get some more advice from ya! I haven't used my gun in about six years. What orings and stuff should i replace? Where should i get them from? I have no idea how to do a tune up. What all should i do?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

Regular cocker oring kit will work just fine.
If it was shooting fine before you put her in storage, then it should be just fine after you take her out and charge the battery. You MAY need a new battery though as they have been around for a long time and they are getting old.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Pushin 30...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
Regular cocker oring kit will work just fine.
If it was shooting fine before you put her in storage, then it should be just fine after you take her out and charge the battery. You MAY need a new battery though as they have been around for a long time and they are getting old.
But i skills replace the o rings first right? Where can i get an o ring kit from?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

PBGateway has oring kits... i think there is a site oringmonkey and captain oring.. put a few drips of oil in the ASA and shoot it a few times first before replacing stuff.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP