mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Personally I wouldnt buy any of the JT Autocockers (trilly/SR).
If your buddy knows NOTHING about autocockers then the trilly WOULD be the best bet as it was designed to be almost idiot proof, for anyone who knows how to use and time an autococker, there are better options out there.
Im not really a fan of anything past 05 either though so I am a bit bias.

Easy way to tell a trilly and SR apart from the rest. Trilly has a built in 3way on the ASA, center mounted LPR, and a totally rounded body. The SR has the uni-block front end that is a massive enclosure for the noid, LPR and Ram. It also has a vertical frame with a hump, it is midblocked (no back block), and has big black sail-wings on the sides to hide the eyes and pump arm.
For the money you are looking at for those two, you can get a real autococker with better parts.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
not your average redneck

The trilogys aren't horrible, it depends on how involved your friend likes to be with tinkering and setting his gun. My neighbor back in the day bought one when they first came out and I was surprised at how nice that gun shot, they are not the prettiest cockers, but they get the job done and are extremely simple to set up. I would shop around though i think 150 is a bit high (he sold his for $75 a few years ago)
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
Avoid the sr. They are absolutely amazing once set up. The journey there can be a nightmare. Mine is finally set, and it still requires a brand new battery every time I play or I get bad chopping issues. They absolutely scream when done but not for the casual user. Trilogy autocockers are great for casual users. That price is high, but it does come with everything you need to get started. They run on co2 but I wouldn't recommend it. If you do run on co2 make sure to have a shop install an anti-syphon tube (key word SHOP) and don't get too trigger happy with it. It will freeze it up. Offer the guy 100 for the gun tank hopper and mask. She will shoot good and be much less picky than a traditional cocker.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

Look in the mechanical classifieds on here under my username...I've got a nice ANS Cocker I'm sure we could work something out on in that price range...He would still have to pick up a barrel, loader and other little bits n' pieces but it's a nicer gun than a Trilogy that's for sure.
'99 STO Cocker
DefTone is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » WGP